Skip to main content Skip to footer

Insurance on exchange of contracts

We are in the process of buying a home. The contract states that it is the responsibility of the seller to keep the cottage in the same physical state as at the date of the contract. Our seller wants this removed from the contract. Is this normal? We're not happy about it, as the seller's e-wife is very reluctant to move out, and we're worried she may try to do some damage to the cottage.

Asked on Sep 3 2009, Safety & Crime in Maidenhead | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • You should have a List of Fixtures and Fittings which has been completed by the Seller and he signs it confirming that is what is going to be left in the property when you buy it. The contract should have the clause in as it does give you a litle security. But you should have the legality of the Fixtures and Fittings form. You should look at this it should be with your solicitor together with the replies to contract otherwise ask for it. It looks as if the person you are buying off is in the midst of a divorce or just finished one so you should make sure that she has also signed the form binding her in to the sale. Make sure where they are moving to just in case so you can pursue them.

    Answered on Sep 8 2009, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Safety & Crime in Maidenhead questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Safety & Crime