Skip to main content Skip to footer

I am horrified at the terms within an estate agent's contract to sell my flat. I haven't signed it. Can I terminate any verbal agreement & walk away?

He valued my flat and sent me the agreement in the post the next day. I did not see the contract before he posted it to me. Aside from the value of the flat being incorrect, I did not know I was agreeing to a dual agency or that I have to pay him a fee regardless of where any buyer of my flat comes from. I do not wish to carry on with this estate agent. I have not signed the agreement. Can I send him a letter saying I do not want to enter into any agreement with him and walk away from this? I am scared silly that he will insist I have to pay him 1.5% agency fees regardless of whether he has my flat on his books.

Asked on Mar 3 2011, Selling in Poole | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0
  • You can, just telephone the agent and say that you do not want to use their services as you are not happy with the contract. Back this up with an email or letter and you will be free to use another agent with more preferable terms.

    Answered on Mar 4 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Selling in Poole questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Selling