Skip to main content Skip to footer

I am selling my house privately, do I need an EPC or HIP?

Asked on Nov 3 2010, Selling in Driffield | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 4 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • The H.I.P is no longer a requirement, you will need an EPC whether you advertise your house with an agent or privately. You can get an EPC for as little as £30 + VAT.

    Answered on Nov 4 2010, Report content
  • If you are planning on advertising your property then you will need an EPC, if you are selling the property privately to a friend, family member etc and no formal advertising has or is going to take place then no you do not need an EPC.

    Answered on Nov 6 2010, Report content
  • Mark is right if the property is advertised at all an EPC is a legal requirement. The HIP is now obsolete

    Answered on Nov 8 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Selling in Driffield questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Selling