Skip to main content Skip to footer

What are the fees associated with selling a property?

Asked on Jul 7 2009, Selling in Glasgow | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • This is probably not an exhaustive list but, off the top of my head, you can expect fees for: (1) a Home Information Pack (HIP); (2) estate agent to advertise and show your property to interested buyers; (3) solicitor to handle the legal paperwork; (4) moving company.

    Answered on Jul 9 2009, Report content
  • In terms of legal and sale fees, you will need to pay a solicitor's fee (plus VAT), you will have to pay for various property searches through your solicitor (these are exhibited to the purchaser), and if you have a mortgage, you will need to pay a fee to register the discharge of the security. Your mortgage provider may also charge exit fees, redemption fees or a fee for looking out your title deeds (if relevant). Your solicitor should be able to give you an indication of his or her fee (or indeed a quote for a fixed fee!) along with an estimate of the other disbursements listed above.

    Answered on Aug 12 2009, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Selling in Glasgow questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Selling