Skip to main content Skip to footer

My son has signed an agreement with estate agent to sell a house that is in trust, but not yet transfered

My son has signed an agreement with estate agent to sell the house he is living in, although I, his mother am still the trustee and no probate has yet been made to change across, the estate agents where made aware of this at the time by my son, and now they are adding various fees on and basically not marketing the house as we think it should be, the agents fees are £1600, Can the agreement be cancelled with nothing to pay, due to the estate agents being aware that the probate has not been made and also the fact that at the moment it is not my sons house to sell?

Asked on Oct 12 2010, Selling in Hull | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0
  • Your son has acted as an authorised seller so technically he can sign a contract, most agents work on a no sale no fee basis, or if they charge up front then this cost clearly needs to be set out and agreed so that they can not spiral out of control. Arrange to meet with your agent and raise your concerns face to face, ensure that they have adhered to the ombudsman code of practice.

    Answered on Oct 14 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Selling in Hull questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Selling