Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

How do I choose the right estate agent?

Should I go for a big firm with the most coverage or the one who's sales person was the nicest?

Asked on Sep 21 2011, Selling in Kilwinning | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • It generally doesn't matter as long as they market the house right. Have a look at several estate agents and even get some property details from them so you can see how they'll market your property. You may not like the format they produce. One thing to check is if they specialise in certain sales eg apartments, rentals etc. Also if they have several properties for sale near you then they have direct competition with eachother.

    Answered on Sep 22 2011, Report content
  • I would personally go with the nicest sales person. Probably going to be more helpful to you.

    Answered on Sep 23 2011, Report content
  • Look for the agent in your area that is currently selling your type of property. Which agent has the most sold boards in your area? Which agent has their office in the most prominent position in your high street? Which agent has the most online coverage? These are the questions you need to answer, not who was the nicest, as in this market "nice" doesn't stand a chance. Of course, you will need a good working relationship with your agent, but at the end of the day, you are emplying them to SELL your property. Good Luck

    Answered on Sep 23 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Selling in Kilwinning questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Selling