Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Estate agents sole selling rights

We employed an estate agent to sell a jointly owned property with sole selling rights. After eight months, I decided I did not want to sell my share and withdrew the sale, and paid a £250 withdrawal fee. I bought out the other share the following month. The estate agent now claims I was a ready and willing purchaser and have requested their minimum fee of £950.00 as I had introduced as a buyer.

Asked on Jul 27 2016, Selling in Manchester | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi, Sole selling rights mean if the property changes hands, the agent gets paid. However, they are taking the mickey on this. I would refuse, and if any hassle, go to the Ombudsman. Jonathan.

    Answered on Jan 16 2017, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Selling in Manchester questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Selling