Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Is a solicitor required?

If selling property for cash, do I need a solicitor?

Asked on Feb 6 2017, Selling in Manchester | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hi Carla, definitely! Major risks if you don´t...

    Answered on Feb 7 2017, Report content
  • Yes. It is important you are legally represented and that the property is sold under a contractual agreement so that it is a binding contract. The fact it is being sold for cash is not the point, its not as simple as transferring the money and signing a transfer, we always use solicitors and infact pay the legal fees of the seller.

    Answered on Feb 7 2017, Report content
  • Yes, or a licenced conveyancer. If it's the cost that you're worried about then shop around or use a price comparison service. Make sure you request an "all in" price estimate or a fixed fee.

    Answered on Apr 15 2017, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Selling in Manchester questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Selling