Skip to main content Skip to footer

Will I have to pay Capital gains tax?

I own a home in Reading, Berkshire I am interested to sell it but would like to know if I have to pay capital gains tax. It is my only home but I have not lived in it for 12 yrs as I have been out of the country. I am back now but renting in Gloucestershire. Do I have to pay Capital Gains Tax?

Asked on Oct 31 2011, Selling in Reading | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • If it’s your only owned property in the UK, personally, I think no however I would suggest speaking with a tax specialist.

    Answered on Oct 31 2011, Report content
  • Move back to the property. Nominate it as your primary residence then sell it. No one would chase you for CGT in these circumstances.

    Answered on Aug 8 2013, Report content
  • No as you only own one home.

    Answered on Sep 2 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Selling in Reading questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Selling