Skip to main content Skip to footer

I am selling my home to someone I know. What do we do next?

I am selling my home to someone I know. It hasn't been advertised anywhere. We have agreed a price, and they will need a buy to let mortgage which they have been assured should not be a problem. What do we need to do now?

Asked on Oct 10 2011, Selling in Rotherham | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 1
  • You will need to advise solicitors or conveyancers that the sale has been agreed. They will need the details of all parties involved in the transaction - that is you; your buyer; solicitors/conveyancers acting for both of you; the price agreed; and any relevant information that forms part of the Contract. It may seem obvious - but DONT forget the property address which is to be sold!! Your buyer will obviously need to sort out their finance. Until they have this agreed, I would be hesitant to spend any money on your next property - just in case. Remember, you are not using an Estate Agent and you are inexperienced. Agents would guide your sale through to completion as quickly as possible - and would usually continue to market the property on a low-key basis in order to keep a note of interest from other parties just in case your buyer could not proceed for any reason. Good luck with the sale!

    Answered on Oct 11 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Selling in Rotherham questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Selling