Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Moving from England to Scotland

When selling in England and moving to Scotland to buy, there will be a cross over time of 6-8 weeks. Will I pay tax on my sale?

Asked on Jun 21 2017, Selling in Scotland | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hello Ken - this would depend on whether the property has been your main residence (principle private residence or PPR). If not, you will normally have to paid Capital Gains Tax - although there are some reliefs about which you should speak to a suitably qualified accountant.

    Answered on Jul 1 2017, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Selling in Scotland questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Selling