Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

I would like any help if there is any for me on this matter.

I am Father of 3 and just DIVORCED in a Joint tenancy in a council House with EX PARTNER and our kids. I would like to Buy the property and then rent it to EX PARTNER and her new boyfriend so my kids can be in the house that I have bought before I can move from this house. I have the RIGHT to BUY this Property .

Asked on Jul 1 2017, Using Zoopla in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi - I´ve just checked online and I don´t think there would be any issues in renting it to your ex partner. However, if you have a mortgage, the lender might oppose to this happening unless they are willing to grant a "consent to let". Also, if you are going to use this property as a buy to let, then you should also speak to a qualified accountant about the tax implications - which are changing quite dramatically in the coming years.

    Answered on Jul 8 2017, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Using Zoopla in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Using Zoopla