Skip to main content Skip to footer

What agency do I go to, to rent a house when claiming dss?

I'm 51, my daughter and her partner and new baby want to share a house and live together, we are claiming dss but hope to get jobs very soon, can we rent when claiming?

Asked on Aug 27 2009, Using Zoopla in Sutton Coldfield | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • The best thing to do is speak to the local authority and they will have a list of agents and landlords that will take dss. Also, you can try Gumtree as they have a lot of private landlords that will also take DSS.

    Answered on Nov 18 2009, Report content
  • If you can provide 1 months advance, a deposit and a guarantor (someone whose gross income is 3 times the monthly rent of the property) many agents will take you on. If you can provide these 3 things make sure you tell the agent when you call them. As an agent, I would put such clients forward to my landlords. The simple reason being that with these things in place (most importantly the guarantor) I can provide rent guarantee insurance cover

    Answered on Feb 21 2010, Report content
  • Many private landlords will accept dss ,look on private lands web pages ,also your local council office should have a list.

    Answered on Feb 21 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Using Zoopla in Sutton Coldfield questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Using Zoopla