If buying a home in Bolton, Greater Manchester, is on your radar, now is the time to get to grips with the local property market. Here’s a quick round-up of what you should know.
1. Average property value: The typical Bolton home is worth around £164,000, according to the most recent Zoopla house price data.
2. Most popular property type: ‘Three-bedroom terrace’ is the most searched-for property type in Bolton among Zoopla users.
3. What’s on the market: From one-bedroom starter flats to spacious family homes, here’s what’s for sale in and around Bolton right now.
This three-bedroom terrace in the village of Bromley Cross is on the market for £169,995
4. House price movements: Average property values in Bolton have remained virtually static over the last 12 months. But prices have risen by around 25% over the last decade.
5. Acceptable offers: Property in Bolton is currently achieving around 96% of the asking price – worth knowing when making your offer.
6. Market turnover: Bolton homes take an average of 10 weeks to sell from the day they first hit the market. This compares to the national average of 10 to 12 weeks.
Got a micro-area in mind? Draw it out with Zoopla's map search tool for a more targeted property search
7. Getting on the ladder: Try affordable Morris Green (BL3), where you can pick up a two-bedroom terrace for around £85,000.
9. What local agents say: “The Bolton market is strong – especially the BL3 area where there’s lots of property coming up for sale and plenty of interested buyers,” says Hannah Dooley at Harrisons. “Some homes here are shifting in as little as three weeks.”
Top end: this four-bedroom detached house was recently on the Bolton market for £1.3m