If buying a home in Coventry is on your radar, now is the time to get to grips with the local property market. Here’s a quick round-up of what you should know.
1. Average property value: The typical Coventry home is worth around £208,000, according to the most recent Zoopla house price data.
2. Most popular property type: ‘Three-bedroom terrace’ is the most searched-for property type in Coventry among Zoopla users.
3. What’s on the market: From one-bedroom starter flats to detached family homes, here’s what’s for sale in and around Coventry right now.
This three-bedroom end-of-terrace in Whitley is on the market for £215,000
4. House price movements: Average property values in Coventry have remained pretty static in the last six months, according to Zoopla data. But prices have risen by around 40% over the last decade.
5. Acceptable offers: Property in Coventry is currently achieving around 98% of the asking price, according to local Zoopla agents – worth knowing when making your offer.
6. Market turnover: Coventry homes take an average of seven weeks to sell from the day they first hit the market. This compares to the national average of around 10 to 12 weeks.
Got a micro-area in mind? Draw it out with Zoopla's map search tool for a more targeted property search
7. Getting on the ladder: Try the affordable Stonehouse Estate in Willenhall where you can pick up a two-bedroom maisonette for £85,000.
8. Roomy budget: Head for affluent Styvechale where you can spend up to £800,000 for a detached period family home.
9. What the local agents say: “In certain cases, buyers are putting in over asking price to secure a property,” says Hayden Davies, sales negotiator at Allsop and Allsop. “We recently sold a home in Longford for £7,000 over the asking price as four separate parties were interested.”
Top of the market: This four-bedroom period home in Barnacle, Coventry, is on the market for £850,000