The Church of St Giles is situated on the edge of the village of Darlton set back from the main street (A57).
Darlton is a modest village within this area, bisected by the A57 the village enjoys good communication links through to Lincoln in the east, Newark and Retford in the west. The road network also links easily to the A1 from which the A1M and wider motorway network are available.
Both Retford and Newark have mainline railway stations on the London to Edinburgh Intercity Link (London King’s Cross approx. 1 hour 30 minutes from Retford). Air travel is feasible via international airports of Doncaster Sheffield Robin Hood and Nottingham East Midlands.
Leisure amenities and educational facilities (both state and independent) are well catered for.
The Church of St Giles is a prominent Grade II* Listed Church of 13th Century origins; the Church was rebuilt with the exception of the tower in 1863. The construction is of ashlar and rough hewn ashlar beneath tiled roofs with numerous interesting architectural features.
Approximate floor area1,713sqft (159.2m²).
Interested parties are expressly advised to make their own enquiries into the availability of mains services and the cost of connection thereto.
Offers are invited on a conditional basis. The conditions of sale and information pack are available from the selling agents website
An information pack containing the following details is available on the selling agents website –
•Bassetlaw District Council (Local Planning Authority) Planning & Conservation Statement
•New Uses for Closed Church Buildings (guidance from the Church Commissioners for purchasers)
•Critical Information Summary – Advisory Board for Redundant Churches
•Recommendation on features or characteristics for retention or alteration – Advisory Board for Redundant Churchesviewing
Viewing is strictly by appointment only, please contact the sole selling agents, Brown & Co on