* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
Business Hilton Smythe is delighted to welcome to the market Popeyes, a popular takeaway business in the busy town centre of Blackpool. The business was established by our client 28 years ago, although he has enjoyed his time running the Takeaway he is now looking to semi retire and move to a different town.
Popeyes currently operates 6 evenings a week and generates a turnover in the region of £75,000 per annum.
Our client offers a range of hot takeaway food including a wide range of pizzas, kebabs, burg-ers and meal deals. Popeyes also offers a local delivery service. The business has built up an enviable reputation within the area for the high quality of the food and services offered. This has resulted in a very loyal client base with a high volume of repeat trade and word of mouth recommendations. The property is well-maintained and presented to a very high standard.
The service area has a few gaming machines that generate 60% income on the profit made, the other 40% goes to the machine company, all service and repairs are carried out by the owning company. Our client also has a Just Eat account with a 5.3-star rating, customers reviews stating: “Food spot on. Delivered hot and on time and with a smile and friendly delivery lady. Would defi-nitely recommend” and “Food enjoyed by all. Polite delivery man. Will order again”.
We feel there is scope to increase the turnover by extending the opening hours, perhaps by opening in the afternoons for lunch. The premises have a licence to trade until 5am should the buyer wish to. Our client advises that the busiest times on a Friday and Saturday are from 12.30 - 3.00am. The business would also benefit from a small marketing campaign to promote the business and the services offered. A new owner could also launch a website for the busi-ness to advertise the goods offered.
We feel this business would suit a partnership. This is an excellent opportunity for a new own-er to take this popular and thriving business to the next level.
Early viewing is highly recommended to avoid disappointment.
Location The business is located in Blackpool town centre, a large residential suburb.
The business is surrounded by a wealth of complimentary shops and businesses and benefits from a high volume of footfall and passing trade.
The area of the business is well served by the public transport system, with several bus stops within easy walking distance of the property.
There are several railway stations nearby, Also there's a main bus link to and from surrounding towns.
The area is also well served by the a-roads, with the A55 being within easy driving distance of the business, which links to the M6 motorway network.
Premises Ground floor premises comprising of service area with seating, kitchen area and cellar used as storage.
Cellar Large cellar with: •2 staff toilets •3 large storage rooms
Service Area •Large menu boards •Bespoke seating with 16 covers. (room for more if desired) •Gaming machines •2 over counter chillers •Fridge freezer •Stainless-steel workbenches and 12ft extractor fan •Blue seal grill •2 fryers •Undercounter fridge •Chip island •Microwave •Pie warmer •Kebab machine and cutter •Hand wash •Customised wet bain marie and worktop •Coffee machine
Kitchen area •Double stainless-steel sink and 3 x 3ft stainless-steel worktops •3 tall commercial William fridges (2 x glass fronted) •Pizza fridge (new) •Double pizza oven •Ample storage cupboards •Large 8ft x 6ft walk in freezer •2 free standing mixers
The shop is secured with CCTV and metal shutters.
Tenure A new lease would be negotiable with the landlord. The current rent is £7,500 pa. Rates exempt.
For more information about this property, please contact Hilton Smythe Commercial, BL1 on +44 1204 351867 * (local rate)
Contact Hilton Smythe Commercial about this property
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Hilton Smythe Commercial, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Hilton Smythe Commercial for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by Zoopla to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.