Skip to main content

Property Listing Details

Property details

Listing view statistics

Last 30 days: 111 page views

Since listed: 1033 page views

Description

Ref 6261 – Leasehold Coffee Shop
Blacks Brokers are pleased to bring to the market this leasehold coffee bar located in a busy and much sought-after area of Leatherhead, Surrey.
Introduction

This coffee shop has been trading on High Street since 2012 with our client in ownership since 2015. The business boasts a five-star hygiene rating. Our client completed a full renovation and refit in 2016.
Location

The leasehold business is positioned within the pedestrianised town centre area of Leatherhead. This is a busy spot with lots of passing trade along with plenty of local shoppers and workers. Neighbouring businesses include large multiples such as Natwest, Argos and Travelodge as well as independent retailers, eateries and businesses. Leatherhead is well linked by the M25 and A24, public transport links are excellent and parking is available in the immediate area.
Reason for sale

This proposition is available for sale as our client underestimated the growth of the business and it has now become of a size that would suit a team of people rather than a single hands-on owner operator. This presents a superb opportunity for a new owner operating team or partnership.
Lease

The building is available on an Internal Repair Only lease (iro lease). The current lease runs at a cost of £1000 per month which does not include service charges at present as the building is being renovated into flats. The lease is ten years and began in June 2016.
Building layout and design

The business is operating from the ground floor of a spacious, mid-terraced property within a busy parade of shops and other businesses. The business is very well-branded and has fully glazed frontage .There is outdoor seating available for eight. Inside, the seating area can accommodate up to thirty six and is very well presented with wooden flooring throughout, modern décor, comfortable seating and servery positioned to the rear of the space. There are customer toilets with disabled access to the side of the servery area.
Staff

The business is currently operating with our client’s partner in full time employment managing the shop, supported by nine part-time members of staff.
Financial details

The business has traded solidly here since opening and has flourished since our client took over and re-fitted in 2016. We are advised that the business has Accounts Available to 15 March 2020, Annual Turnover £110,517.32 and a Gross Profit £87,124.70,30%-40% of takings are takeaway orders with the remaining 60%-70% dining in.
Summary

This leasehold business occupies a prominent trading position in a busy town centre. Our client has established a large customer base and excellent reputation. There is plenty of scope for expansion with a full rebrand and strong marketing drive. A new owner could also look to introduce a new menu and delivery service. Early viewings are strongly advised. Business: £49,950.

Please quote ref: 6261

Map & Nearby

Local Amenities

  • Leatherhead 0.3 miles
  • Ashtead 1.8 miles
  • St John's School, Leatherhead 0.3 miles
  • Downsend Pre-Prep Leatherhead 0.3 miles

Local map of the area

Map View Map showing location of property

Local Amenities

  • Leatherhead 0.3 miles
  • Ashtead 1.8 miles
  • St John's School, Leatherhead 0.3 miles
  • Downsend Pre-Prep Leatherhead 0.3 miles
Switch to next tab

Want an expert valuation of your home?

Book an agent valuation
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by Blacks Business Brokers. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Blacks Business Brokers for full details and further information.