BusinessPlease quote reference B05437
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the Daisy Fresh Dry Cleaners, established in this area over 10 years ago and purchased by our client around 4 years ago. The sale is now being offered due to the constraints of our client’s other businesses.
This is the only Dry Cleaners in the area and is currently 100% staff run, we recommend any new owner/manager could significantly make a difference to the business by working here full time and focus on driving the business to the next level.
Our client operates this shop currently as a satellite store to his other dry cleaners and does not carry out any collections/ deliveries. All equipment included in the sale will allow any new owner to carry out full in house services.
Our client advises 95% of the turnover is derived from dry cleaning services with approx 5% from alteration work.
The business offers the following services:
- Same & Next day Dry Cleaning
- Shoe Repairs
- Hand finish Shirt cleaning
- Duvet & Curtain cleaning
- Repairs & Alterations
- Wedding gown cleaning
- Suede & Leather cleaning/ repairs
- Carpet cleaning hire
This is a large shop with excellent footfall levels, and we advise any new owner to investigate adding any of the linked services to this industry to increase current sales levels. Our client identifies the business is run to suit and the lack of staff knowledge is affecting the true potential of growth.
Any new buyer would benefit from adding / increasing any of the following areas:
- Adding local agents such as nearby post offices/convenience stores
- Offering a collection and delivery service
- Extend the current opening hours
- Adding commercial cleaning services through hotel / restaurant work
- Re-introducing in house shirt cleaning / pressing
- Adding linked services such as curtain making / alterations
- Adding more advertising such as a new website, leaflet drop, special offers and social media presence through a new Facebook page
- Modernising the shop unit to maximise the efficiency of the space
- Our client will offer a full business handover to any new owner.
Current weekly sale levels average at £1,100 however previously when owner ran enjoyed levels in excess of £2,000 per week.
The lease offered currently only includes the ground floor area however the Landlord is happy to include the first floor 2 bed accommodation to any new owner if they requireLocation
Daisy Fresh Dry Cleaners occupies an enviable trading position along a busy parade of community shops on Reading Road in Yateley, Hampshire.
The popular parade benefits from 90 minutes free customer parking and includes both independent takeaways, hair and beauty salons, a large Angling Centre as well high street brands such as Pizza Hut (directly next door) and a nearby Tesco Express.
Yateley is a highly desirable community, located near Sandhurst offering an excellent choice of schools, leisure facilities, parks and lakes. The area is accessed just off the B3272 which connects nearby Eversley Cross to Blackwater and Frimley which includes the main Park Hospital.
The busy M3 motorway is less than 5 mins drive from the area allowing good commuting to both London and Southampton to the South.
Nearest mainline station is BlackwaterPremisesGround floor
Staff kitchenStaff toiletRear External
- Display and storage rails to both sides
- Central solid wood counter with storage
- 15 Kilo dry cleaning machine
- 15 kilo Dryer
- 8 kilo washing machine
- 6 kilo washing machine
- Trouser press - built in boiler
- Ironing table - built in boiler
- 3 x staff parking spacesTenure
The business is being offered as a Leasehold with 11 years remaining on a 15 year renewable lease, business rates are currently £1,000 per year.HoursMonday to Friday
- 8.30 - 5.30Saturday - 9 - 5
The business is fully staff run with 3 x semi-retired part time members managing the business.Financial Profile
The business will report an annual Turnover in 2018/2019 in the region of £50,000 which can easily be doubled by any new owner. Adjusted net profit will be in the region of £15,000Please quote reference B05437