BusinessPlease Quote Reference B05826
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market Marbles Way Newsagents, a thriving community Newsagents and Convenience store with over 50 years of goodwill.
The much-loved business was purchased by our client 5 years ago and has since invested over £10,000 in new fridges, epos till system and CCTV.
The business is one of the only businesses of this type to come with 3 x bedroomed flat directly above, making it highly desirable for any new owner looking to save on personal house of flat rental costs.
The business is being sold due to full time employment which takes the current owner away from the business, any new owner would instantly add benefit to the business by spending more time on site working to help boost the sales levels.
The building is owned by local Housing Trust and includes extremely low rent of just £7,500 and long 15-year renewable lease.
The Newsagents/ Convenience Store provides the following goods/services -
- Local newspaper deliveries & magazines to purchase in store.
- Parcel delivery / collection service.
- Pay point payment machine.
- National Lottery & scratch cards, mobile phone top ups.
- Large range of confectionery, loose sweets, bagged sweets, crisps & snacks.
- Ice cream & lollies, small range of frozen groceries, toys.
- Baby range, pet food range, stationery, greeting cards.
- Large choice of cold drinks, waters & juices.
- Hotdogs to take away, household items & toiletries.
- Cereal bars, fresh bread, eggs & milk.
- Cigarettes, vaping fluids, batteries, diy goods & lightbulbs.
Key selling points of this business include -
- Only allowed convenience business to trade on the parade.
- Low rent and zero business rates.
- Large storerooms to the rear of the shop, ideal additional retail space for any new owner looking to expand the current range.
- Large demand for frozen food which the shop would benefit from increasing.
- Increase the current limited range of fresh fruit & veg.
- Add Western Union money transfer service.
- Increase current opening hours.
- Offer a delivery service.
- Outside yard space offers potential for new storeroom.
- New equipment, CCTV and epos till system.
- Handover period offered.
Very rarely do Newsagents of this size, location and excellent lease come onto the open market and we strongly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.
We believe with the right new owner the business has the potential to easily achieve £10,000 per week.Location
Marbles Way Newsagents is conveniently located on Marbles Way in Epsom, Tadworth in Surrey.
The parade of community shops includes a Takeaway, Community shop, Hairdressers & off licence.
This is a very large residential estate which is going to be further developed, there will be 250 new flats being built directly behind the shop which will be ready to move in, in 2021.
There is excellent community footfall and free customer parking available on Marble Way.
Marbles way is accessed just off Brighton Road which acts as the main link Road to both Sutton and the M25.
Nearest mainline station is Kingswood.PremisesGround floor;
New open drinks chiller, upright glass fronted chiller, large glass topped display freezer, fresh veg & fruit display baskets, glass topped ice cream display freezer.
3 x units of fixed retail shelving spaces, wall mounted hanging display area.
Main counter - includes new epos till system, new 8 x camera CCTV system, pay point machine, lottery terminal, storage space, rear cigarette gantry, further display shelving.
3 x rear stockrooms.
Kitchen area and staff toilet.Rear external;
We are advised the business is being sold as a Leasehold opportunity with 10 years remaining on 15-year renewable lease paying just £7,500 per year. Business rates receive full discount paying 0 rates in the current year.Hours
Monday to Friday - 6am - 7pm
- 7am - 7pm
- 7am - 5pmStaff
The business is run and managed by our client on a part time basis with the help of 1 x full time and 2 x part time members of the team.Financial Profile
The business generated a turnover of £234,990 in 2018/2019 with an adjusted net profit of over £35,000. For further information please reference B05826.