Retail premises for saleTelford, England, United Kingdom TF8
Local area information
- Coalbrookdale and Ironbridge CofE Primary School 0.3 miles
- William Reynolds Primary School 0.8 miles
- Telford Central 4.1 miles
- Oakengates 4.8 miles
These distances are calculated in a straight line. The actual route and distance may vary.
Features and description
Please quote reference B07349
Hilton Smythe are delighted to welcome to the market Abode At Number Five, a highly rated gift shop in Ironbridge, Shropshire.
Abode At Number Five is a well established business opportunity that has been under our clients ownership for a number of years. The business has built up excellent reputations and repeat client base. As seen by the online ratings and reviews, its extremely popular with the local area.
The business has now come to the open market due to our clients desire to retire.
Abode At Number Five is a well stocked and interesting gift shop selling a range of eclectic and carefully curated products such as -
- Greeting Cards
- Artificial Flowers and Plants
- Soft furnishings
- Pots and planters
Key selling points -
- A well established business with an enviable reputation and many regular customers
- Prime trading position in the centre of town
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success of the business
- A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly. The current owners are running at a pace to suit but the business enjoyed much higher turnover previously
Scope to improve -
- Advertising and Marketing campaign
- Extend the opening hours, Business is currently being run at a pace to suit
- Website, ideally with an e-commerce facility
- Consider selling into Amazon or opening an eBay shop
- Open a coffee shop or tea rooms on first floor
- Maximise the use of social media particularly Facebook, instagram and Twitter
- Advertise products on Etsy
- Introduce a customer loyalty card/scheme
Abode At Number Five is located on Wharfage, Ironbridge, Shropshire.
The business has eye catching signage and receives high levels of footfall and passing trade.
Great footfall due to the fact of it being in a world heritage site, just 50 yards from the famous Ironbridge. The area has 10 museums and a Victorian town of Bliss Hill all within a few miles' radius. There are numerous events that take place within the town over the course of the year.
There are a number of inexpensive, public car parks within easy walking distance.
The business occupies an attractive, period property arranged over two floors and retaining many original features. There are generous retail areas to both the ground and first floor and the first floor benefits from high ceilings, roof beams and large period windows which flood the space with natural daylight.
The property lends itself to a similar retail use, restaurant/café/wine bar, studio/workshop or as a multi-use premises with separate tenants on ground and first floor.
There is scope to split the premises as there are two entrances.
There is also the potential to convert the first floor to residential accommodation.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Freehold basis.
The current trading hours are (run at a pace to suit) -
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday – 10:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday - Closed
Friday - Closed
Saturday – 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday – 10:00am – 5:00pm
We are advised that the business is run and managed by our client and his wife.
We are advised as per the 2022 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £95,000. Further financials can be made available upon request.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Hilton Smythe Business Sales. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Hilton Smythe Business Sales for full details and further information.