Land for sale
Whitesmith, Lewes, East Sussex BN8
Interested in this property?
Call +44 1825 592915 *
* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
- Rural Building Plot with planning consent
- Circa 0.75 acres, well back from the road
- 3,723 . Of floor space
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms/showers
- 3 Receptions
- Large Kitchen/Dining Room
- Utility & 2 Cloakrooms
- Double Garage
- Adjacent 5 bedroom house also available
A rare opportunity to acquire a single building plot of circa 0.75 acres in a rural location set well back from the road, with planning permission for a 3,723 house that will provide accommodation of five bedrooms, four bathrooms/showers (three en suite), three reception rooms, a large kitchen/dining room, utility room and two cloakrooms.
The location The hamlet of Whitesmith straddles the A22 about 6.5 miles south of Uckfield and about 9 miles east of the County Town of Lewes, with both towns offering comprehensive shopping and leisure facilities, schools and rail stations. The coast at Eastbourne is about 14 miles and Brighton 18 miles. Local shops can be found in the nearby villages of Laughton and East Hoathly.
There are secondary schools in Uckfield, Lewes, Hailsham and Ringmer, together with a number of private schools for all age groups. Within the vicinity there are a number of golf courses, most notably the East Sussex National just outside Uckfield. For horse lovers there are centres at Hickstead, Crockstead and Golden Cross. The county offers a host of equestrian facilities and the surrounding rural area provides many riding and walking opportunities.
This plot is situated to the rear of Buckle Cottage and, apart from a few yards of shared drive, will have its own driveway from the road.
Planning permission Outline planning approval was granted on 2nd August 2016 under application number wd/2016/0341/O. Reserved matters relating to the size of the building and its appearance have subsequently been approved under reference wd/2017/0070/rm.
Agent's notes 1. It was originally intended that this building would have private drainage but our clients received a letter from Wealden District Council on 17th March 2017 indicating that access to the main sewer is now available and inviting them to apply for a 'Removal of Condition' to enable this to happen. This is being done.
2. Your attention is drawn to the fact that a public footpath goes down the driveway to this property, with further paths going north and south.
3. Our client will be responsible for the repositioning of the current entrance gates to Buckle Cottage, and the erection of a close boarded boundary fence to delineate the entrance to both properties on the first section of the southern boundary. There is an existing tarmacadam driveway leading to the building plot along the majority of that boundary.
4. The adjacent house, Buckle Cottage, is also available for sale through this office. This might be of interest to any party looking for two dwellings for two sections of a family. Further details are available upon request.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Fine & Country - Uckfield, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Fine & Country - Uckfield for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by Zoopla to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.
View all Whitesmith property for sale