Stunning, individual and characterful detached cottage full of features and space including three reception rooms, two bedrooms and an annex, 1/2 acre (stms) of glorious gardens and double garage.
Located in Wretton, a village betwixt the towns of Downham Market and Swaffham is this stunning, recently renovated imposing detached cottage offering plentiful, varied and flexible accommodation and set in 1/2 acre (stms). Dating back in places to the early 18th century this property has a host of features including exposed beams, open and inglenook fireplace's, open timbers and panelled ceilings. These character features are enhanced by a raft of home improvements including re-modelled decoration throughout, a kitchen offering scope for modernisation, stunning en-suite bathroom, majority new UPVC double glazing, a replacement hot water and a new wood burning stove. The flexible and varied accommodation comprises an entrance hall and lobby, living room with exposed beams, dining room, separate sitting room, kitchen with separate utility, store room, a ground floor shower room, a master bedroom with bespoke en-suite, a further bedroom, an annex with living room, bedroom and en-suite. This stunning property is accompanied by an truly astounding and glorious garden on a generous plot. There is parking for several vehicles behind a five bar gate, a range of beds and mature trees define the garden around its large lawns and seating areas plus a delightful stream/pond feature. There is also an outbuilding which would lend itself as a great home office. There is a double garage/workshop and field views. Call now to avoid disappointment.
Tiled floor, part double glazed door and UPVC double glazed window to rear, exposed timbers, part double glazed internal door with panel into
Tiled floor, exposed timbers and red brickwork feature wall, door to ground floor annex, kitchen and door to
Living Room 20' 3" x 11' max ( 6.17m x 3.35m max )
UPVC double glazed window to front aspect, feature gas fireplace, wall lights, radiator, exposed ceiling beams, recessed lighting and dado rail.
Dining Room 11' 11" narrowing to 9' 2" x 14' 8" irregular shaped room ( 3.63m narrowing to 2.79m x 4.47m irregular shaped room )
UPVC double glazed window to front aspect, wood effect flooring, exposed timbers.
Sitting Room 13' 1" max x 14' 8" ( 3.99m max x 4.47m )
UPVC double glazed windows to front aspect, wall lights, inglenook fireplace with inset wood burner, alcove, exposed timbers, stairs to first floor.
Kitchen 16' 5" x 9' 5" ( 5.00m x 2.87m )
UPVC double glazed window to rear aspect. Modern fitted kitchen with wall and base units having work surfaces over, tiled floor and splashbacks, space and plumbing for washing machine, space for fridge, space for range style cooker with hood over, recessed lighting, door to store room with space for freezer and further door to
With shower cubicle, low level WC, wash hand basin, radiator.
Utility Room 9' 5" x 8' 10" ( 2.87m x 2.69m )
UPVC double glazed window and door to rear, tiled flooring, cupboard housing hot water cylinder and oil fired boiler, wall units, door to
First Floor Landing
With doors to bedrooms
Bedroom 1 14' 7" x 11' 1" max ( 4.45m x 3.38m max )
UPVC double glazed window to front aspect, radiator, sloping ceiling, open to
En-Suite Bathroom 11' 4" x 9' max ( 3.45m x 2.74m max )
Vaulted ceilings, UPVC double glazed window to side and two double timber paned windows to rear, roll top bath with shower attachment, wash hand basin, extractor fan, low level WC, shaver point, radiator, separate shower cubicle.
Dorma window, wall lights, radiator, wood flooring, two storage cupboards, exposed beams and timbers, panelled ceiling.
Ground Floor Annex
Living Room 11' 2" x 7' 4" max ( 3.40m x 2.24m max )
Located off the hallway, UPVC double glazed windows to side aspect, side stable door, tiled floor, door to
Bedroom 11' 4" to wardrobe x 11' 2" ( 3.45m to wardrobe x 3.40m )
UPVC double glazed windows to side aspect, radiator, TV point, tiled floor, door to
En-Suite Shower Room
UPVC double glazed window to rear aspect, built in cupboards, shower cubicle, pedestal wash hand basin, WC, pedestal hand wash basin, heated towel rail, tiled floor.
The property is located behind a five bar gate which opens onto a large area for off road parking. The gardens are mature and beautifully established with an eclectic mix of flowers, shrubs and borders and mature trees including a silver birch, willow and poplar. There are extensive lawns, seating areas and beds laid to wood chip, and offers an excellent degree of privacy.
Double Garage/ Workshop 21' 7" x 17' 8" max ( 6.58m x 5.38m max )
With up and over doors, power, lighting, two single glazed windows, and door.
There is also an outbuilding being prepared by the current home owner to become an ideal office space or potential annex.
Outbuilding/ Home Office Irregular Shaped Room x ( x )
Area 1 17' 9" narrowing to 9' 9" x 11' 6" max ( 5.41m narrowing to 2.97m x 3.51m max )
External timber door to front and UPVC door to side plus further UPVC window to side, power and usb point, laminate floor, opening to
Area 2 12' 1" max x 14' 2" max narrowing to 10' 7" ( 3.68m max x 4.32m max narrowing to 3.23m )
UPVC window to side, power and carpet.
Follow Cley Road out of town and proceed along this road passing through the villages of Cockley Cley and Oxborough. Once at the junction with A134 turn right and then left signposted Stoke Ferry. Proceed to the junction. Turn left and then right signposted Wretton Road which becomes Low Road where the property can be found on the right hand side.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.