Land for sale
Lingholme Lane, Scarborough, North Yorkshire YO11
Interested in this property?
Call +44 1482 763841 *
* Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.
- About 1,477 acres (598 hectares) of Grade 3 arable land
- About 130 acres (53 hectares) of grassland
- 6 bedroom principal residence
- Farmhouse and four cottages
- 6,300 tonnes of grain storage including new 2,700 tonne grain store
- Extensive range of farm buildings
- Irrigation lagoon
- In all about 1,665 acres (674 hectares)
- For sale as a whole or in four principal lots
- EPC Rating = D
The sale of Lingholm Farms represents an opportunity to acquire one of the largest commercial arable farming enterprises in North and East Yorkshire for a number of years. The business has expanded through acquisition and is centred on Lingholm Farm where considerable recent investment has been made into providing a new 2,700 tonne grain store to serve the whole business.
The arable area extends to 1,477 acres (598 hectares) mainly under combineable cropping but currently including 50 acres of carrots on part of the irrigable land. Lingholm Farm itself (lot 1) extends to approximately 928 acres (375 hectares), all of which lies within a ring fence. Neighbouring land within lot 2 extends to 191 acres (77 hectares) and can be easily accessed from Lingholm. The scale of the business was increased following the acquisition of The Grange, Flamborough which lies 13 miles to the south east extending to approximately 546 acres (221 hectares) in two blocks being lots 3 and 4. Lot 3 is approximately 248 acres (100 hectares) located to the north west of the village of Buckton, whilst lot 4 is another 298 acres (120 hectares) lying to the north west of Flamborough. The combination of scale, good field sizes and variety of soil types offers economies of scale and flexible rotations.
The residential accommodation is all at Lingholm Farm where the centrally placed farmstead lies in a very private position. The principal house is an attractive six bedroom traditional house built in the 1990s. Also within the farmstead are the separate farmhouse, cottages and a pair of barn conversions. The contract farmer occupies the farmhouse (under an Assured Shorthold Tenancy) whilst the others are let on Assured Shorthold Tenancies producing significant annual income.
An extensive range of farm buildings at Lingholm Farm currently supports the entire farming operation where the existing 3,000 tonne storage has recently been increased by a further 2,700 tonne store. For ease of management another grain store/general purpose building capable of storing an additional 600 tonnes was recently constructed on land at The Grange, Flamborough (lot 4).
Lingholm Farm (lot 1) lies in a private position to the south of Lebberston village. The farm can either be approached from the village or via the excellent farm access track which leads directly to the farm from the A1039 trunk road. This provides access onto the A64 providing access to York (40 miles) and from there onto the A1 and motorway networks. There is a good train line from Scarborough which connects into the intercity mainline at York. The land at Filey (lot 2) sits within a single block and is again accessed directly from the A1039. The land at Flamborough which previously formed part of The Grange is split into two blocks. The first of these (lot 3) lies close to the village of Buckton with access from the B1229 and a private access track with the land extending up to the well known Bempton Cliffs. The land at The Grange (lot 4) is again accessed from the B1229 as well as a good private road. The land is close to McCains potato processing plant and Dawn Meats have a beef and lamb abattoir at Carnaby, Bridlington.
1. Money Laundering Regulations 2003 & Immigration Act 2014: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage. 2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and accordingly if there is any point which is of particular importance, please contact our office and we will endeavour to check the position for you. 3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes or any stated areas are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture etc. 4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase. 5. Photographs & Floor Plans: Floor plans where supplied, are not to scale and are provided for general reference only, photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens which also has the potential to make a room look larger and therefore please refer to the room measurements detailed within this brochure. 6. Leonards for themselves and their vendors of this property, whose agents they are give notice that these particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. Matters referred to should be independently verified by any prospective purchaser. Neither Leonards, nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty in relation to this property.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Leonards, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Leonards for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by Zoopla to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.
View all Lingholm Lane property for sale