Coasty are proud to present this rare opportunity to purchase a characterful 3 bedroom property, Bush Cottage, in the village of Llanboidy built circa 1841. At some point in this lovely cottage's life it was used as a public house, providing a cooling drink before the uphill trek into the village of Llanboidy.
Llanboidy is a scenic village in West Carmarthenshire, Wales. Its history goes back to the Iron Age where the site of a timber built fort can be seen near the village centre. 'Llanboidy' may mean church (Llan) of the cowshed (beudy) and its name probably is linked to St. Brynach. Brynach was a wandering 5th century Irish saint who got shipwrecked off the South Wales coast, returning to Ireland from a tour to Brittany. He founded several West Wales churches and the village church is named after and dedicated to him.
Another notable church he founded is at the village of Nevern. This is approximately 20 miles north west of Llanboidy and is overlooked by Carn Ingli (said by some to mean Mountain of Angels).
Llanboidy then became an important drovers road route in the Middle Ages and once had four taverns.
The gardens of Bush Cottage have been lovingly tended to provide various seating areas with mature trees and shrubberies. There are a lot of original features in this characterful house, and viewing is highly recommended.
Entrance Porch (2.79m x 1.55m (9'2" x 5'1" ))
Entrance to house by way of a uPVC door, with uPVC double glazed window, and quarry tiled floor. The original wooden door with stained glass pane into the hallway.
Hallway (2.92m x 1.32m (9'07" x 4'04"))
Carpet flooring, half panelled wood walls, character beams, radiator. Doors into lounge and kitchen, stairs to first floor.
Kitchen (4.32m x 3.76m (14'2" x 12'4" ))
Original slate tiled flooring, a range of floor and wall mounted units, with a glazed display unit with 4 inset spotlights. Space for a range cooker. Under unit lighting. Island in the centre of the kitchen with storage cupboards under and two pendant lights over. Wooden worktops. Butler sink inset into units with stainless steel mixer taps, left hand drainer inset in wooden worktop. Space for dishwasher. Sash uPVC window with a range of tilts, and a charming window seat underneath. 5 spotlights on character beams. Understairs storage cupboard.
Utility Room (2.51m x 2.18m (8'3" x 7'2"))
Vinyl flooring, Belfast sink with stainless steel mixer taps, inset into cupboards. Cupboard storage, space for washing machine, tumble drier and fridge freezer. UPVC double glazed window to side, sliding door into cloakroom.
Vinyl flooring, obscure uPVC double glazed window to side, pedestal wc, wall mounted sink with hot and cold taps, sliding door into heated airing walk in cupboard with hanging space and shelving.
Dining Room (3.66m x 2.11m (12' x 6'11" ))
Wooden glass door with decorative glass pane from kitchen into dining room. Original slate tile flooring. Radiator, uPVC 8 paned double glazed window overlooking the rear, character beams, storage cupboard. Original Quarry tiled window sill.
Lounge (4.27m x 3.56m (14' x 11'8" ))
Carpet flooring, ornate wooden fireplace surround and mantlepiece, tiled hearth with brass fender, brick wall housing a multi fuel burning stove. Right hand recess shelving, character beams. Radiator. UPVC sash multi tilt window to front. Archway with sliding doors leading into second lounge.
Second Lounge/Study (3.96m x 2.11m (13' x 6'11"))
Original slate tiled flooring, Character beams, radiator, 8 paned uPVC double glazed window to rear with countryside views, quarry tiled original windowsill.
Stairs To First Floor
Master Bedroom (4.29m x 3.61m max (14'1" x 11'10" max))
Wooden flooring, tilt and turn uPVC double glazed window overlooking the front and garden. Window seat to enjoy the view, radiator. Wood panelled ceiling, slightly sloping. Wooden half glass paned door leading into the bathroom.
En-Suite Bathroom (3.63mx 2.13m (11'11"x 7'))
Sumptuous bathroom with free standing slipper bath with claw feet, with stainless steel mixer taps with hand held shower attachment. Separate shower cubicle with mira sport electric shower. Pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold taps. Low level wc with wall mounted high cistern with chain pull flush. 4 wall lights. Built in storage cupboards. Stainless steel heated towel rail with central radiator. UPVC double glazed 8 pane window to side. Illuminated mirror over washbasin with shaver point.
Bedroom 2 (3.63m x 3.58m (11'11" x 11'9" ))
Original wooden flooring, uPVC tilt and turn double glazed window with window seat overlooking the front and garden. Radiator. Ample well thought out cupboard storage - well designed to house computer station, but if not required could easily be returned to wardrobe space.
Bedroom 3 (2.49m x 2.18m (8'2" x 7'2"))
Carpet flooring, uPVC double glazed tilt and turn window, with window seat, overlooking the garden. Radiator, wood panelled ceiling.
Entry to the property is by way of a gated entrance into a gravelled parking area with parking for 3/4 cars. Beautifully landscaped gardens - boasting no less than 5 separate seating areas to enable you to follow the sun or shade as you prefer. There are also a plethora of mature trees (including young apple trees) and shrubs and a rose arch to enjoy. A greenhouse and small vegetable patch cosily hidden at the end of the garden. There is a large workshop/storage area at the side of the garden, with outside tap.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract, . The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers. Neither Coasty, nor any of it's employees has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.