Low Cairndoon is located approximately 4 miles from Whithorn in the Machars district of Wigtownshire, Southwest Scotland.
Run as a small holding, for both sheep and beef cattle, it provides an excellent opportunity for a start-up small scale livestock enterprise or as an extension to an existing business.
Access Access is available directly off the A747 Port William to Whithorn Road. Please see location plan attached.
Lot 1 lot 1 Extending in total to 41.8 acres (16.93has) this Lot consists of a small steading and grazings arranged in 5 separate enclosures. Field boundaries are mainly of dry stone dyke. Lot 1 is outlined in red on the Sale Plan.
The steading consists of the following buildings;
1. Cattle shed (9.94m x 17.78m) 3 bay steel portal framed shed with cement fibre roofing, blockwork walls and space boarding above. Raised central feed passage with feed barriers. Sheeted doors. Open sided to the North.
2. Cattle shed (23.68m x 8.85m) 4 bay steel portal framed shed with blockwork walls, box profile roofing and side cladding. Concrete floor and feed barrier to front. Feed storage room located within end bay.
3. Cattle shed (17.89m x 7.40m) 3 bay mono pitch lean-to with cement fibre roof and Ventair side cladding. Double gates to open end and concrete floored.
4. Concreted yard area with handling race and crush.
Lot 2 lot 2 Extending to 41.8 acres (16.91has) with access directly off the public road this Lot consists of 2 enclosures, one of which is suitable for cutting. There is also a small area of woodland. Lot 2 is outlined in blue on the Sale Plan. There is a single building on this Lot, as follows;
1. General purpose shed (23.92m x 11.58m) 4 bay steel portal framed shed with cement fibre roof, concrete panelled walls on 3 sides and space boarding above. Hard core flooring. Cantilevered roof to front.
Currently used for general purpose storage but could be used for the housing of cattle with some additional work.
Mains water is available in both lots. There is also an electricity connection to the buildings in Lot 1.
Access Servitude Access to Lot 1 is by way of a shared road with the proprietor of Low Cairndoon Farm. It is understood that maintenance of the road is as according to user.
Iacs and Basic Payment Scheme The land is registered for iacs purposes and it is understood that a Single Application Form was submitted with respect to the farming year of 2018.
Any Basic Payment relating to the saf submitted by the 15th May 2018 will remain with the vendor.
There is the possibility of Entitlements being available to the purchaser by way of separate negotiation.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by GM Thomson and Company. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact GM Thomson and Company for full details and further information.