A well presented, spacious and versatile individual character cottage formerly an oast house - offering charm and character and extending to circa 1400sq ft, convenient to the mainline station and within walking distance of top performing Weydon Secondary School (ranked number 1 in The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2020)
* A spacious and versatile attached period cottage which has been the subject of considerable improvement/extension extending to circa 1400sq ft and yet retaining charm and character. The property is approached from the rear via The Hatches and benefits from parking for two vehicles and pleasant gardens. The property is convenient to the mainline station and within walking distance of Farnham's top performing Weydon Secondary School (ranked number 1 in The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2020).
Key features include:
* Part glazed front door to Entrance porch, door to:
* Entrance hall - exposed floor boards, coved ceiling.
* Sitting room - front aspect, brick fireplace (not open) with exposed beam ceiling height chimney breast, electric stove, coved ceiling, downlighters, exposed floor boards, double glazed casement double doors to front.
* Dining room - rear aspect, exposed floor boards, attractive brick fireplace, coved ceiling, understairs storage cupboard.
* Study/occasional bedroom 4 - cupboard housing gas meter, door to outside, sliding door to:
* Cloakroom - close coupled w.c., wash hand basin, part tiled walls, worktop with washing machine under.
* Kitchen/breakfast room - side aspect, extremely well fitted and comprising enamel sink unit, cupboards and integrated dishwasher under, worktops with cupboards and drawers under, eye level units, part tiled walls, Stoves cooker with mosaic tiled splashback, extractor fan above, downlighters, exposed floor boards. Breakfast area with space for free standing fridge/freezer, space for table and chairs.
* Stairs to first floor - cupboard concealing consumer unit.
* 3 bedrooms, one with built-in wardrobes housing gas fired combination boiler (recently installed). Access to loft. Occasional fourth bedroom in the study.
* Family bathroom comprising frosted window, panel enclosed bath, fully tiled shower cubicle with glass screen, close coupled w.c., pedestal wash hand basin, part tiled walls, heated towel rail, shaver socket.
* The property is approached from the rear via The Hatches and benefits from parking for two vehicles and pleasant gardens with attractive paved patio with flower borders, lawns, enclosed by panel fencing. Gateway to side. Timber garden studio/workshop with power and light. Playhouse.
* Gardens to the front are laid to lawn enclosed by panel fencing and parking on driveway for two vehicles.
Services - All mains services. Gas central heating to radiators.
Local Authority - Waverley Borough Council, Bury Fields, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1HR.
Council Tax - Band D with an annual charge for the year ending March 2020 of £1,960.89
Tenure - Freehold
EPC rating - D (59)
* The property is in a most convenient location, being within a short distance of local amenities including a village store, public house, church, Weydon Secondary School (ranked number 1 in The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2020) and recreation ground. Farnham town centre is approximately 1 mile distant.
* The Georgian town centre of Farnham offers a comprehensive range of shopping, recreational and cultural pursuits, with bustling cobbled courtyards boasting many shops, cafés and an excellent choice of restaurants including Bill's, Côte Brasserie, Pizza Express and Zizzi. There is a Waitrose, Sainsbury's, Leisure Centre, David Lloyd Club, local Rugby, Football and Tennis clubs, and Farnham's historic deer park offering over 300 acres of beautiful open countryside, providing opportunities for walking, cycling and dog walking.
* There is an excellent choice of state and private schools in the area, including the highly regarded Weydon Secondary School, St Peters School, Highfield South Farnham, Frensham Heights and Edgeborough.
* Communications are first class with the A31/A3 providing direct links to London and the south coast. The A331 Blackwater Valley Road links Farnham with the M3, M25 and Heathrow.
* Farnham town centre 1 mile (Waterloo from 53 minutes)
* Guildford 10 miles (Waterloo from 38 minutes)
* A31/A3 ½ mile, London 38 miles
(All distances and times are approximate)
Leave Farnham via West Street. At the Coxbridge roundabout go straight across towards Wrecclesham. Turn left into The Hatches which is an unmade lane. Take the 2nd left hand turn off The Hatches where the property is situated ahead of you and to the right.
For clarification we wish to inform prospective purchasers that we have prepared these particulars as a general guide only. They are intended to give a fair description of the property but their accuracy is not guaranteed nor do they form part of any contract. All information should be verified by yourself and your professional advisors. We have not carried out a survey nor have we tested the services, appliances and specific fixtures and fittings. It must not be assumed that the property has all or any necessary planning permissions, building regulations or any other consents. Room sizes are approximate and they have been taken between internal wall surfaces and therefore include cupboards, shelves etc. Accordingly they should not be relied upon for carpets, curtains and furnishings.