Adjoining the Leaden Stour in a picturesque setting, this beautifully appointed home occupies secluded grounds of approximately 1.4 acres within this private and sought-after ten-acre country estate. The house has undergone substantial renovations during the current ownership and offers 2,800sqft of spacious and versatile accommodation, including impressive open-plan living space and both ground and first-floor bedrooms/bathroom suites. Energy Performance Rating: D The local area
Christchurch is a delight; a harbour-side town of character and charm located where the Avon and Stour rivers flow into the Christchurch Harbour. Positioned between Bournemouth and the New Forest, Christchurch is a lively town with mainline station and a good variety of independent and national brands (from Boots to Waitrose). It has become something of a foodie destination: Chock-a-block with cafes, pubs, and restaurants, such as The Jetty on Mudeford Quay. It is also the venue for a popular food and wine festival that attracts some high profile chefs. Other attractions include the priory, castle ruins, nature reserves, nearby beaches and Mudeford Quay with ferry service to Mudeford Spit (with iconic beach huts) and Hengistbury Head. A wide range of activities are available such as cricket, golf and watersports. Another benefit for the families are the schools - rated at least ‘good’ by Ofsted, while Christchurch Infant School, Mudeford Infant and Junior Schools and Twynham Comprehensive are all graded ‘outstanding’. An attractive range of property includes architect-designed new builds, fine Georgian houses and modern townhouses, some in waterside locations and with views across Christchurch Harbour. The situation
Hurn Court, formerly a private school was also the country estate of the Earl of Malmesbury, the construction of the main house commenced in the early 17th century on the site of the summer hunting lodge which belonged to the Monks of Christchurch Priory. The adjoining and surrounding parkland grounds amount to about 10 acres and apparently extends down towards the River Stour. Christchurch town centre is only about four miles to the South with Bournemouth four miles to the East. The Castlepoint shopping centre is only about a mile away which offers a superb variety of shops including several major high street names. Hurn Court is surrounded by open farmland and in total there are 35 individual units which include eight properties within the main house and a further eight in the adjoining wing of which the Coach House is one of them. The property
- Good-sized entrance porch with two windows and tiled floor, leads to the living accommodation
- Spacious double aspect dining hall with large window to the front aspect and double doors opening to the rear garden, finished with beautiful wooden floors
- Southerly aspect kitchen with a view of the rear garden, fitted with quality wooden units and granite work surfaces and including a central island unit. Comprising an integrated dishwasher, combination microwave oven, American style fridge/freezer and range-style cooker. Travertine tiled floor. Partially open plan to:
- Superb garden/family room with double aspect, also benefiting from a view of the gardens with doors opening onto the rear patio. Open plan to:
- Comfortable living room featuring a central fireplace with a slate hearth and wood-burning stove
- Ground-floor bedroom (2) featuring an attractive curved bay window overlooking the rear garden. Comprising two double fitted wardrobes, cupboard housing the gas fired boiler and two hot water tanks, and en-suite bathroom (with ‘Jack and Jill’ door to dining hall) including a freestanding roll-top bath, shower cubicle, vanity sink and WC
- Ground-floor bedroom (4) with an aspect to the front over beautiful landscaped grounds
- Also, on the ground-floor: Separate cloakroom, large study with fitted shelving, utility room adjacent to the kitchen with space for additional appliances
- Staircase to part-galleried first-floor landing with door to linen cupboard, with heating
- First-floor master suite featuring a window seat offering stunning views of the gardens, dressing room and en-suite bathroom, comprising; a large shower cubicle, tiled bath, vanity sink and WC
- First-floor bedroom (3) also benefiting from a rear aspect window and window seat with en-suite shower room
grounds & gardens
A long sweeping drive leads to the property and triple detached garage; incorporating a single garage (used as a store) and adjoining double garage with twin electric doors. The private grounds are a particular feature of the property, amounting to approximately 1.4 acres and extending down to the Leaden Stour, creating a tranquil setting. The gardens are mainly laid to lawn, with a patio adjacent to the kitchen, interspersed with a range of well-established shrubs and specimen trees which provide much privacy. Services
Energy Efficiency Rating: D Current: 67 Potential: 80
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by Spencers of the New Forest - Ringwood. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Spencers of the New Forest - Ringwood for full details and further information.
Water consumption is based on average water usage for the predicted occupancy of the property based on the number of bedrooms.
Total annual consumption (in cubic meters) is then averaged into a monthly cost.
Note: If you have 2 separate suppliers for water and sewage, you may receive 2 separate bills.
The Council Tax cost displayed is based on the council tax band and on the basis of 2 adults living at the property. The monthly cost shown excludes any discounts and is rounded to the nearest pound.
Full information on Council Tax discount entitlements can be found on the Gov.UK's website.