A beautiful & extremely well refurbished period cottage offering a characterful accommodation with two double bedrooms & two generous reception rooms. This "County Treasure" home was also granted planning permission for a a very tasteful extension in 2014. Minutes away from Sully beach!
A charming detached period cottage ( originally two cottages) initially occupied by farm labourers tastefully and fully renovated by the current owner . The name "Dunster derives from a place called Dunster on the Somerset coast; Dunster can be seen from the cottage on a clear day. Dunster Cottage is a "County Treasure" and it is noted in the Vale of Glamorgan literature on County treasurers. Whilst the piggeries have been renovated with new roofs, water and electric supplies it could be converted into Air B&B subject to planning or included into a rear extension previously granted. The main accommodation comprises entrance hall way with period tile flooring and exposed stone wall, two good size reception both with flagstone flooring and ceiling beams. The downstairs accommodation continues with a bespoke fitted kitchen and period tile flooring with "Williams Morris" tiled splash back and wooden door into a laundry room. The first floor is accessed via a stripped wooden stairs case and house Victorian tiles and offers two double bedrooms and bathroom. The attic could also be converted with planning . This beautiful home also benefits a generous size plot with mini orchard, mature lawn, vegetable plot, court yard with piggeries. There is path a stones throw away from the cottage leading to Sully beach within minutes. Most of the windows have been hand made and stone pointing has been completed with lime mortar to retain the character of the property.
"Encaustic" tile flooring, solid wood door into lounge and sitting room, double glazed window to side, exposed stone wall.
Lounge 14' 6" x 14' 6" Max ( 4.42m x 4.42m Max )
Flag stone flooring, exposed stone wall, inglenook style fire place with stone hearth, exposed ceiling beams, double glazed window to rear and side, fitted shelves. Stairs rising to first floor with featured tiles. Radiator.
Sitting Room/diner 11' 9" x 12' 1" ( 3.58m x 3.68m )
Flag stone flooring, Inglenook style open fire place with stone hearth, exposed stone wall and ceiling beams. Feature double glazed window to front and double glazed window to side with wooden paneling, radiator.
Kitchen 13' 4" x 5' 7" ( 4.06m x 1.70m )
Bespoke kitchen fitted with wall and base units with granite work top" William Morris" splash back tiling. Belfast sink with solid wood work top and "Ruabon" Tiles ledge, five gas burner, integral oven and grill. "Encaustic" tile flooring, exposed stone wall and ceiling beams, wooden door into laundry room.
Laundry Room 9' 10" x 6' 7" ( 3.00m x 2.01m )
L shaped room, wooden door into court yard, window to side, "Encaustic" and quarry tiled flooring, plumbing for washing machine, wall mounted boiler, space for fridge freezer, double glazed window to side, shelvings.
Window to rear with some water views, exposed beam, pitched pine flooring, access to floored loft. Door to all rooms.
Bedroom One 13' x 10' 11" ( 3.96m x 3.33m )
Double glazed window to side, pitched pine flooring, radiator, exposed beams, fitted paddled stairs case to floored attic space, built-in cupboard and wooden shelving.
Bedroom Two 10' 11" x 11' 10" ( 3.33m x 3.61m )
Double glazed window to front, pitched pine flooring fitted cupboard, wooden shelvings, feature fire place with surround with "Ruabon" tiled hearth.
Fitted with paneled bath with mixer tap and shower above, Venetian style wash hand basin with solid wooden block base. Period tiled wall, window with water views.
Front And Side Garden
Double wooden gate to drive leading leading to hardstand, enclosed with stone wall, mini orchard, steps to laid to lawn, selection mature trees and shrubs, portico with cobble stone, paved path to side and front door; partially enclosed with wall and fencing laid to lawn.
Enclosed paved court yard, path to vegetable plot, detached piggery split into four very well maintained room which with the right planning court be easily converted.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.