2 bed semi-detached house for sale Park Gardens, Yeovil BA20
- Kingfisher Primary School0.1 miles
- Huish Primary School0.1 miles
- Yeovil Pen Mill1 miles
- Yeovil Junction1.6 miles
Features and description
- Shared Ownership
- Brand New Home
- Turfed rear garden
- Allocated Parking
- High levels of Interest expected.
Just launched is Park Place in Yeovil. Images and floorplans coming soon but register your interest early to avoid dispaointment! Call us today to discuss what plots will be available.
Plot 18 at Park Place is a brand new two bedroom semi detached with allocated parking and a turfed rear garden available on a shared ownership basis.
Stonewater is delighted to be building a place for each individual to call home at Park Place which is a fantastic brand new development in the heart of Yeovil. Contact us to talk about how shared ownership works and to discuss what plots are available.
16 Park Gardens, The Park, Yeovil, BA20 1FH
£84,000 for a 40% share.
Full Market Value: £210,000
Monthly Rent: £288.75
Service Charge: £tbc
Local Connection Critieria
-Has been ordinarily resident in the District (South Somerset) for a continuous period of 6 months at some time in the previous 3 years
-Has permanent employment in the district - or has a job offer
-Has been resident for periods totalling at least 2 of the last 5 years
-Has close family associations in the district which they have a long standing relationship - this can only be Parents, Siblings, Grandparents
How Does It Work?
You buy a share of your home (usually between 40% and 75% of the home's value) and pay rent and a service charge on the remaining share. You can buy bigger shares at a later stage when you can afford to. The more of the property you own, the less rent you pay. You'll need to take out a mortgage to pay for your share of the home's purchase price, or fund this through your savings/cash. Shared ownership properties are leasehold however they do change to become freehold if you get to 100% ownership. Approval needed by Stonewater homes and help to buy. Remember this scheme is not just for first time buyers.
Price displayed for a 40% share, with rent and other rates payable thereafter. Prospective purchasers will need to purchase the maximum that is affordable to them with the minimum percentage share of 40%.
The criteria that must be met in order to qualify for a Shared Ownership Property are:
1. Be registered with Help to Buy
2. Be first time buyers (or owned with partner previously) and cannot afford to buy on the open market. Not investor buyers.
3. Must demonstrate that they can afford to sustain Shared Ownership requirements i.e. Afford the monthly outgoings as below.
4. Household earnings must not exceed £80,000 per year.
£500 reservation fee
Yeovil is a vibrant market town situated at the Southern Boundary of Somerset, 130 miles from London, 40 miles south of Bristol and 30 miles from Taunton.
While most Somerset towns surrounded by upland grazing went in for wool, Yeovil developed the speciality of glove making, and the name still survives in the nickname of ‘giant killers’ Yeovil Football Club – the glovers.
You can ramble for what seems like miles through the historic centre, built around the noble C14 church of St John the Baptist, passing many fine old buildings, and not passing up many shopping opportunities.
There’s a theatre, all sorts of arts and crafts, cinema, large shopping stores and the famous football club.
Yeovil only has two railway stations, a comedown from its original four, but it’s on the A37 and A30, a stone’s throw from the A303.
Stonewater is a social housing provider, with a mission to deliver good quality, affordable homes to people who need them most. We manage around 32,500 homes in England for over 70,000 customers, including affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, young people’s foyers and women’s refuges.
Our ambitious house-building programme aims to build a minimum of 1,500 new homes a year from 2022/23 and we have a good pipeline of development to achieve this, driven by our vision of everyone having the opportunity to have a place that they can call home. We plough our surplus into building new homes, improving our existing housing stock and investing in customer services. Our 800+ employees embody our values – being ambitious, passionate, agile, commercial and ethical. We achieved a ‘One Star’ rating in the 2019 Best Companies survey and are ranked 78th in the Top 100 best not-for-profit organisations to work for and 25th in the best housing associations to work for in 2019.
We will endeavour to use the photographs of the actual property but may also show pictures of the show home and/or computer generated images. The computer generated impressions of how the property may look are indicative only. External finishes or details may vary on individual plots. Floorplan images may be handed. Build completion dates tbc. Purchasers to buy their own flooring apart for the areas as mentioned in the main description.
Lease details are currently being compiled. For further information please contact the branch. Please note additional fees could be incurred for items such as leasehold packs.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.
More informationReport this listing
Want an expert valuation of your home?Book an agent valuation
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Fox & Sons - Yeovil. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Fox & Sons - Yeovil for full details and further information.