On the instructions of Harrogate Borough Council we are delighted to offer a choice of four brand new two bedroom townhouses on a shared ownership basis. The rent will be payable on the un-sold share at 2.75% of the value of that share per annum.
Please read the council's guidance below and if you wish to buy one of these houses follow the instructions:
A choice of four two bedroom townhouses recently constructed and situated at the head of a cul-de-sac on this popular new development. The Pastures is situated within this highly sought after residential location on the fringe of Knaresborough's historic market town. Each property has gas fired heating and uPVC double glazing together with the remainder of a ten year NHBC guarantee. Council guidance notes
1. All purchasers of these properties must have a local connection to Knaresborough (which includes the parish of Scriven). An applicant has a Local Connection with an area if that person or a person within that household :
• currently lives in that area and has lived there for at least two years; or • has close family ordinarily resident in the area (for a minimum period of five years previously); or • has previously lived in that area (for a continuous period of at least ten years); or • is in employment as their main place of work in the area for a minimum of 12 months and for at least 16 hours a week.
Close family means parents, children, brothers or sisters.
2. All purchasers of these properties must be first-time buyers.
3. If more than one eligible purchaser applies for a property, purchasers will be prioritised by the timing of all the information required to support their application.
4. If you haven't already, you should apply on the Help to Buy website. Go to the main page (), click on the picture on the right ("Apply Online"); then click the Shared Ownership button and then "Apply now". Fill out your details and where it says "Do you know the name of the housing association developing the scheme?" click "Yes" and select Harrogate Borough Council. Where it asks for the name of the scheme, click The Pastures.
5. You must contact one of the financial advisors attached and ask them to complete the hca affordability calculator on your behalf. You must also secure an in-principle mortgage offer. This is an essential part of the application process and indicates the share that you can afford.
6. Once you have viewed the property and if you want to buy it, you should inform the estate agent. You (or your financial advisor) must then send in your affordability calculation and in–principle mortgage offer to with "Knaresborough – Offer" as the subject line of the email. Please also confirm you are a first time buyer (see note 1 overleaf).
7. You must also complete and submit a local connection form available from the estate agent, plus supporting documents to: Housing Development – "The Pastures", Harrogate Borough Council, po Box 787, Harrogate HG1 9RW.
8. If your offer to buy the property is accepted, you must instruct a solicitor. This may either be a solicitor you know, or choose one from the Help to Buy website.
9. If you do not obtain a formal mortgage offer within a reasonable time, the Council will move to the next eligible applicant on the list.
Note 1. If you have previously owned a property as a joint owner (for example with an ex-partner), but never owned one in your own right, then you will be classed as a first time buyer. In exceptional circumstances and where they can demonstrate housing need, those who have previously been home owners may also be eligible.
Harrogate Borough Council's recommended Financial Advisors are available upon request.
Agent's Note: Would prospective purchasers please note that the internal photographs have been taken of Number 31 (plot 33) Directions
Proceed along Boroughbridge Road turning left at the roundabout onto Chestnut Drive. Continue into the development turning left, and left again where the properties will be found directly ahead.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by Dacre Son & Hartley - Knaresborough. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Dacre Son & Hartley - Knaresborough for full details and further information.
Water consumption is based on average water usage for the predicted occupancy of the property based on the number of bedrooms.
Total annual consumption (in cubic meters) is then averaged into a monthly cost.
Note: If you have 2 separate suppliers for water and sewage, you may receive 2 separate bills.
The Council Tax cost displayed is based on the council tax band and on the basis of 2 adults living at the property. The monthly cost shown excludes any discounts and is rounded to the nearest pound.
Full information on Council Tax discount entitlements can be found on the Gov.UK's website.