Plot 15- 5 Anvil Close, Balsham, CB21 4AN
5 Bedroom Detached House
Kitchen/Dining/Family Room: 5.9m x 6.9m
Utility Room: 1.85m x 2.5m
Living Room: 5.25m x 5.35m
TV Room/Snug: 2.85m x 4.9m
Master Bedroom: 3.7m x 4.75m
Bedroom 4: 2.8m x 4.95m
Bedroom 5: 2.95m x 3.8m
Bedroom 2: 5.05m x 3.60m
Bedroom 3: 5.05m x 3.80m
welcome to farriers yard
Farriers Yard is a beautiful new collection of spacious three, four and five bedroom homes located in the quaint village of Balsham. Built on a site which served as a Blacksmiths in the 1800s, all homes at Farriers Yard have been thoughtfully designed to blend perfectly with this traditional village setting. Surrounded by scenic countryside, Balsham is just 10 miles from the centre of Cambridge and less than six miles from Granta Park and its many international employers. With its central village location and excellent links to Cambridge and Granta Park, Farriers Yard is the perfect mix of contemporary living in a traditional village setting.
A 5 bedroom detached family home. The property opens into a light and spacious hallway with TV room off, as well as a large formal living room. The hallway also leads to the open plan kitchen/dining/family room and which is impressively spacious and light. The kitchen features stylish and contemporary bespoke fittings with fully integrated appliances, high gloss doors eye and base level units together with Ceasarstone work surfaces and matching up-stands. Off the kitchen is a useful utility room providing extra space for a family's needs.
On the first floor the master bedroom is an exceptional space and boasts spacious dressing area with built in wardrobes, as well as an en-suite shower room. Two further bedrooms and family bathroom complete the first floor.
Stairs rising to the second floor lead to two further generous double bedrooms either side of a further family bathroom.
Enclosed rear garden and double garage complete this substantial and stunning family home.
The homes at Farriers Yard have been constructed and finished to the highest specification including
Contemporary and stylish bespoke kitchen designed for the individual house type and featuring high gloss doors and drawers with Caesarstone worktops and matching upstands. Energy efficient and sleek appliances have been selected to complement the look and design of the kitchen.
• Bosch ceramic hob with glass splash back (where applicable)
• Bosch integrated double oven (single oven to 3 bedroom homes)
• Bosch integrated microwave
• Zanussi integrated fridge/freezer
• Zanussi integrated dishwasher
• Blanco under mounted sink with contemporary Blanco mixer tap
• Cooker hood - integrated or ceiling hood as applicable
• Blanco stainless steel under mounted sink with contemporary Blanco mixer tap
• LED feature lighting to wall units
• Soft close to doors and drawers
• Integrated pull out waste bin with recycling facility
Our elegant and stylish master en-suites feature white Ideal Standard sanitary ware and complementing taps and showers by Hansgrohe, with bespoke feature mirror with LED lighting and matching vanity tops adding a hint of sophistication.
• Low profile shower tray with glass shower screen/door
• Dark wood effect feature mirror with LED lighting
and matching vanity top
• Large format wall and floor tiles
• Heated chrome towel rails
Bathroom and Secondary En-Suites
Ideal Standard sanitary ware combined with Hansgrohe taps and showers are used throughout and dark wood effect vanity tops add a touch of elegance to create stunning bathrooms and en-suites.
• Bath with shower over and glass screen to bathroom
• Low profile shower tray with glass shower screen/door to en-suites
• Dark wood effect vanity tops
• Large format wall and floor tiles
• Heated chrome towel rails
To achieve a contemporary style interior we have selected clean lines for stairs, doors, architraves and skirting, keeping everything white or in subtle colours to create a calm and tranquil environment.
• White painted timber staircase with carpeted treads and risers
• White painted internal doors with contemporary brushed stainless steel ironmongery
• Built in mirrored wardrobe with sliding doors to master bedroom
• Square cut skirting and architrave
• Walls painted in white emulsion
• Smooth ceilings in white emulsion
• Landscaping to front garden
• Turf to rear garden
• Paved patios
• Decking to balconies
• Timber or brick divisional and boundary fencing
• External tap
• Traditionally constructed brick and block outer walls, cavity filled with insulation
• Concrete floor to ground floors with timber to upper floors
• Exterior treatments are a combination of buff and red facing bricks and tile hanging (dependent on house type)
• Plain concrete pantiles
• PVC rain-water goods
Balsham village is home to a thriving community and benefits from two pubs, a village hall, a convenience store, pre-school and primary school. Charming thatched cottages, dating back to the 16th Century, mix with period homes from a variety of eras.
There are many local clubs and societies, ranging from bell-ringing to yoga, and many meet at the Village Hall. Here, there is also a popular regular market with local meats, game, baked savouries, crafts, and even fresh produce from the local allotments on offer.
For day-to-day groceries, Balsham Stores and Post Office is well-stocked with all your essentials and nearby Plumbs Dairy offers a free delivery service for milk, groceries and seasonal produce. When it comes to eating out, The Bell provides traditional 'home-cooked' pub meals and The Black Bull Pub and Restaurant offers four-star rated accommodation, The Black Bull also boasts an aa Rosette menu, has won several awards and features in The Good Pub Guide.
For younger residents, Buttercups Community Pre-school and Meadow Primary School, rated 'Outstanding' and 'Good' by Ofsted, provide quality early years education and are just moments from Farriers Yard. For older children, Linton Village College, rated Outstanding by Ofsted, is just five miles away and accessible via the school bus service, car or bike.
If you are looking for extra-curricular activities, there are many after-school clubs, as well as cubs, scouts and football for all ages. The latter, along with the village cricket teams meet at the recreation ground, with its recently refurbished sports pavilion.
Cambridge with its world-famous architecture, shopping and culture is just eleven miles from Balsham offering everything you could need or want; from its quaint open-air market, to its iconic universities and punting, to places to eat and shop for all the family as well as theatre, concerts, cinema, pubs and bars.
Granta Park is located just eight miles from Balsham and is known globally for its pioneering scientific successes, attracting international employers such as MedImmune, Illumina, Pfizer, and ppd. There are thousands of local and global employers in Cambridge itself, along with many large, public sector organisations. Both Newmarket and Haverhill are within commutable distance, being less than 10 miles away.
Cambridge railway station provides direct and frequent hourly services to London King's Cross and St Pancras stations and Balsham is just a couple of miles from the A11, which links to the M11 and M25. Whittlesford Station also offers a direct service to London Liverpool Street which is just 9 miles away.
Hill, the WhatHouse? Housebuilder of the Year 2015, is one of the country's top 5 Star Housebuilders, specialising in developing distinctive new homes across London and the South East. Hill brings together contemporary design, sustainable materials and a sympathetic approach to create stunning, individual new properties and communities. By employing some of the very best in the business, Hill has been able to successfully deliver many exciting development projects and win awards for their achievements.
Hill's team includes:
• Creative architects and designers
• Experienced planning and technical specialists
• Efficient construction experts
• Effective sales and marketing professionals
• A dedicated customer care team
Each Hill development is unique and each is designed to work in perfect harmony with its surroundings.
A home is a personal space - and choosing a Hill property is the chance to buy a truly unique new home.
N.B- Internal photographs are of the show home and are not plot specific. Please contact Cheffins for further details
Marketing Suite open Thursday-Monday 10am-5.30pm
High Street, Balsham CB21 4DJ
*Terms and conditions of Help to Buy apply- please visit