McCarthy & Stone - Scholars Place: Chesterton Court RL Plus, LS29
Maintain independent living with luxurious individual apartments that offer a little extra care and support when needed. McCarthy & Stone Assisted Living offers the benefits of having an on-site estate team 24-hours a day and a beautiful apartment, owned by you.
This stunning development is located in the enviable spa town of Ilkley, providing a wealth of activities and entertainment in the historic Victorian town centre, as well as easy access to the rural advantages of the Yorkshire Dales. Sitting on the south bank of the River Wharfe, Ilkley is the perfect place to enjoy a peaceful retirement.
With a range of both one and two bedroom apartments, all featuring fully fitted kitchens and shower rooms, the property is created to be a comfortable and enjoyable place to live, including car parking and a guest suite for overnight visitors. A 24-hour emergency call system also offers further peace of mind and security.
As well as owning a beautiful apartment to be proud of, this new development will provide you with everything you would expect from a McCarthy and Stone Assisted Living development:
- Highly sought after spa town location surrounded by striking countryside
- A wide range of amenities close by including cafes, restaurants and excellent shopping facilities
- Stunning views over the Cow and Calf rocks and the Yorkshire Dales
- An hour’s domestic assistance every week is included in the service charge, making daily life easy to manage and comfortable.
- Table service restaurant providing daily freshly prepared 3 course meals*
- Flexible care packages are available*
- Care for the building and grounds is taken care of by the estate team, so residents can enjoy the beautiful landscaped gardens and Homeowners' lounge without the worry of upkeep.
- Excellent road links and public transport services including Ilkley railway station which provides connection to Leeds, Harrogate, Bradford and Otley
- 24 hour security
- Car parking is available via annual permit
*Additional charges applyKey dates for your diary
Planning has been approved and construction start date, sales release and first occupation are still to be confirmed.Local area
With a historic town centre featuring well-preserved Victorian architecture, wide shopping streets and a range of local businesses, the beautiful spa town of Ilkley sits approximately 12 miles north of Bradford and 17 miles northwest of Leeds.
Lovers of the outdoors will enjoy ample access to countryside and the stunning rural landscapes of the Yorkshire Dales. For keen hikers and cyclists, access to the Dales Way, an 84-mile walk through the dales and Lake District, can be found just outside of town via the Old Bridge. The landmark Cow and Calf rocks overlook the town on Ilkley Moor.
The town also offers a rich sense of heritage with plenty of lovingly maintained Victorian architecture including an original arcade that has been carefully re-purposed to create covered walkways for pedestrians to enjoy, whatever the weather. Browse a variety of local boutiques and stores including Lishman’s of Ilkley, a celebrated butchers that has won regional and local affection thanks to its passion for quality and personal service.
A selection of galleries and museums offer plenty to entertain active culture seekers. The Manor House includes a number of locally-found prehistoric artefacts including manuscripts and documents, whilst the Ilkley toy museum houses toys that date as far back as 350 BC.See for yourself
If you would like to investigate the quality and atmosphere of a McCarthy & Stone development, visit our closest site to this development at Thackrah Court, Leeds.
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.