In Tuscany, in the province of Grosseto, organic wine estate with wine cellar, commercial building and 25,81 ha of land for sale.
The property is 4 km from a village with facilities and approx. 40 km from the Tyrrhenian Sea.
The property is made up of a wine cellar and a commercial building.
The wine cellar has a surface of 770 square meters and has all the necessary equipment for vinification, fining and bottling.
The building is laid out on three levels, composed as follows.
- Ground floor: Terrace and sloping roof.
- First floor: Vinification rooms and terrace.
- Second floor: Porch, bottling room, aging room, technical room and storage room with toilet.
The commercial building has a surface of 140 sqm on two levels.
- Ground floor: Pergola, tasting room (58,12 sqm), shop, storage room, hallway, three bathrooms and dining hall.
- First floor: Storage room, hallway, utility room, office and bathroom.
According to the Farm Business Improvement Scheme, there is also the possibility to build:
- a building for residential use for the owners of the property
- a building for agricultural machines
- a building for residential use for a worker
- a small building for the production of honey and other company products
The estate was created in 2000 on uncultivated plots of land, which were gradually converted into vineyards. All the production is organic and the estate is about to receive the Demeter certification, since products have been made using biodynamic principles for many years.
In 2015 a building for welcoming the guests, wine tasting and direct sale of products was built.
- Total surface of the land: 25,81 ha (63,75 acres)
- Subdivision of cultivations and their surface: 8,9 ha of Montecucco DOCG, 2000 sqm of DOC Maremma Toscana Ansonica, 6 ha of arable land, 8 ha of grazing land and 2 ha of woodland
- Red grape: 85% Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pugnitello, Colorino
- White grape: Ansonica
- Plantation year: 2002-2006, last 1,5 ha planted in 2016
- Exposure: South, South-West
- Altitude: 400-450 m a.S.L.
- Grapevines per hectare: 5.200
- Vine training: Spurred cordon
- Type of soil: Highly variable
- DOC Montecucco Rosso: 60% Sangiovese, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot and other wine grape varieties.
- DOCG Montecucco Sangiovese: 100% Sangiovese
- DOCG Montecucci Sangiovese Riserva: 100% Sangiovese
- DOCG Maremma Toscana Ansonica Vendemmia Tardiva: 100% Ansonica
- igt Vermentino: Produced with purchased organic grapes
- Number of bottles (in 2016): 39.000
- Oak barrels: 1 (20 hl), 18 barriques (225 l each)
- Vats: 4 oak vats (70 hl)
- Stainless steel containers: 30 of different sizes
- Italy: About 10% of the turnover
- Abroad: Usa, France, Japan, Canada, United Kingdom, Holland, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Norway and Switzerland. Approx. 90% of the turnover.
In addition to wine, they produce some honey.
There is the possibility to plant further 4/6 hectares of vineyard and some hectares of olive grove/orchard.
It is possible, moreover, to build an irrigation pond, a small restaurant and a farm campsite for motor caravans, tents and caravans.