On the hills at the border between Tuscany and Umbria, in the municipality of Città di Castello, farm business with 18 ha of olive grove, small vineyard and renovated farmhouse.
Easily reached and all with all the services available in the nearby town (8km; 10’), the farm is well-established and allows easily visiting the most beautiful towns and cities of central Italy: Monte Santa Maria Tiberina (16km; 20’), Città di Castello (19km; 20’), Umbertide (20km; 20’), Castiglion Fiorentino (29km; 35’), Sansepolcro (36km; 30’), Arezzo (41km; 1h), Anghiari (42km; 40’), Cortona (42km; 55’), Gubbio (50km; 50’), Perugia (64km; 55’), Montepulciano (66km; 1h 15’), Assisi (77km; 1h), Siena (98km; 1h 30’) e Florence (111km; 1h 50’).
The most convenient airports to reach the property are Perugia Sant’Egidio (62km; 45’), Firenze Peretola (132km; 1h 50’), Pisa Galilei (192km; 2h 30’), Bologna Marconi (211km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (243km; 2h 40’), Roma Fiumicino (258km; 2h 45’), Milano Linate (415km; 4h 15’) and Milano Malpensa (469km; 4h 50’).
Description of the building
The farmhouse (approx. 400 sqm – 4,304 sqft, 5 double bedrooms and 6 bathrooms) is laid out onto four floors and organized as follows:
- Ground floor entrance hall, gym with dressing room, bathroom and shower, sauna, Turkish bath and two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
- First floor living room with dining area, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
- Second floor multipurpose room and two double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
- Third floor non-habitable loft (80 sqm – 861 sqft).
A small annex (42 sqm – 452 sqft) located next to the farmhouse hosts a mini-apartment on two floors, an oven, the well, a two-car garage and a veranda.
A warehouse (503 sqm – 5,412 sqft) on two floors supports the farming business and hosts two bathrooms, the offices, a small shop and the processing rooms. The layout on two floors allows processing products on the ground floor (which is vehicle-accessible) and let them fall down to the lower floor.
The property is made up of 25 hectares of land, split among olive grove (18 ha), vineyards (1.2 ha), arable land (3 ha) and mixed woodland (2.8 ha).
Details on wine production
The following production data refers to the past years, when the vineyards were still exploited in their full potential. It is possible to restart the production of wine.
- Vineyard surface 1.2 ha
- Varieties Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc
- Yearly production 15,000 bottles (10,000 red + 5,000 white)
details on oil production
Olive trees in the property (approx. 8,000 trees in total) are split between two different poderi (18 ha in total). Production is constantly increasing since the most recent implants (2012) are not fully productive yet. Implants of Podere A (15 ha, the most recent) are fitted with an irrigation system (root and foliage) and are already compatible with mechanic harvest. Furthermore, groves are divided by cultivar so that each variety can be harvested at the peak of maturation (veraison).
- Surface 18 ha
- Number of trees approx. 8,000
- Year of plantation 16th and 17th century, 1993 – 2012
- Cultivar Frantoio, Moraiolo, Borgiona, Gentile di Anghiari, Dolce Agogia, Leccino, Pendolino, Ragiale
- Altitude 250 – 500 m
- Exposure Southwest
- Yearly production approx. 7.5 tons (up to 20 tons at full production)
- Harvest manual (mechanization possible)