9 bed property for sale
- Living space: 620 m2;
- Plot size: 2119 m2;
- Convertible space: 150 m2;
- Distance to shops: Km
Listing view statistics
Last 30 days: 9 page views
Since listed: 151 page views
This is a beautiful historical Catalan stone house built in the 16th Century, between the ski slopes and the Mediterranean Sea, in a charming little village in the greater Perpignan area, Languedoc Roussillon, Occitanie, South of France. Enthusiastic owners restored a big part of this very spacious and charming character property while respecting the ambiance and keeping all the existing original features. The rooms are bright and very well sized, almost every room opens onto a lovely view either towards the mountains, the charming village or the garden. Built in a 'U’ shape this large property has several entrances around a courtyard; a separate tower building is converted into a self-contained apartment The property could be easily split into several houses or Gîtes, the en-suite rooms are ideal for B&B – a perfect mix for a successful business and a comfortable home for you. Although in the heart of the village, it is very quiet and the large garden could easily take a pool and be nicely landscaped to become a dream property. Heaps of character with a wonderful feel to it and great potential for an attractive tourist activity!
Description of the buildings
The main building offers approximately 620m² of living space on mainly 2 levels
Ground floor :
- Historical main entrance 55m² with a beautiful mosaic floor and a large spiral staircase at the end
- reception room 20m² with bread oven
- sitting room 26m², WC in a tower
- dining room and lounge 82m² with the original horse’s trough as a decorative feature, beautiful exposed stone and brick walls and a lovely arch
- room 11m² ideal for a kitchen
- bedroom 18m² with en-suite shower room 11m², ideal for people with disabilities
- corridor, 5 steps lead to a small landing
- bedroom 36m² with shower room and an internal staircase to another bedroom upstairs 36m²
First floor: Landing with a staircase going up to the second floor
- library or sitting room 19m² with a decorative fireplace (not working)
- bedroom 30m² with en-suite shower room in a tower
- room 54m² that needs to be finished with high ceiling and possibility to create a mezzanine
A separate door leads into an independent apartment which needs updating with
- summer lounge 26m²
- kitchen 16m²
- dining room 29m²
- sitting room 28m²
- bedroom 17m², bedroom 20m², shower room/WC 11m², WC 2m², corridor.
Second floor: Landing
- bedroom 27m² with en-suite shower/WC room 3m² in a tower
- bedroom 20m² with en-suite shower room, separate WC.
Separate building a very charming Gîtes 50m² kitchen/dining/lounge 29m², a mezzanine bedroom and another child’s room up in a tower.
Outbuildings which form a courtyard
Laundry room 7m², shower room with WC 5m² in need of updating
a workshop 34m² and
a garage 30m².
The workshop and garage need a new roof and a new floor in order to use the upstairs.
The total plot measures 2100m² and is entirely surround by old stone walls. The courtyard opens to the large garden with mountain views. The garden needs to be landscaped and has the potential to embellish this property significantly. There is more than enough space to have a pool area to enjoy the fabulous views, quietness and the sun in a very charming environment.
Most of the living space (about 400m²) is very nicely renovated; the remaining will need some updating or can be converted, as indicated above. The house has retained its original character with lovely facades, exposed stone walls and arches in stone and bricks, mosaic floors, wooden doors…and yet in complete harmony with double glazed windows in aluminium and electric rolling shutters in most rooms. An extractor ventilation system is to be found in most shower rooms. Today the heating is with electric radiators, but all the wiring to install reversible air conditioning in the bedrooms is already in place. Solar panels are placed on a south facing roof providing a yearly income.
An opportunity for an exceptional business and a wonderful home. Let yourself be seduced by the charm of this comfortable domain that does not know its equal with inexhaustible potential: Bed and breakfast, gites, receptions, conferences, group reception or boutique hotel project. Otherwise the divisible structure can be reorganized according to the wishes of the next owners, and even a shared purchase by several families would be possible.
This is definitely an outstanding property - come and visit to discover it yourself!