Simphi are delighted to welcome onto the market this well-established convenience store in a prime trading location in Chorley, Lancashire.
The business has been trading for over 20 years and has been under our clients’ ownership since 2008. It is only now being offered to the market due to our clients’ desire for a well-deserved rest.
This Premier store occupies substantial double premises in an ideal trading location. Its main road location coincides with being situated in the middle of a densely populated residential area, therefore benefitting from a modest volume of footfall and passing trade.
The business also benefits from ample on-street parking facilities to the front and back of the premises.
The convenience store operates from a large and substantial property. The business owners also own the freehold to the property.
This double fronted, corner property has a large sign and distinctive ‘premier’ sign across the front of the store to identify itself from other businesses in the area.
There is parking for vehicles directly outside the front entrance with further parking along the side street. The property is also accessible from the rear.
The property briefly comprises of the following:
Ground Floor – large shop floor, large store rooms, w/c with a shower. Through the extended corridor or via the side entrance, the living accommodation is accessed. A large sitting room, newly refurbished kitchen/diner, and a utility room can be found towards the rear. In addition, there is an extension from the utility room extending to further storage space.
First Floor – there are 4 double bedrooms, master bedroom with en-suite, and a family size bathroom.
Second Floor – a loft conversion.
• The shop floor – the shop floor is large in size and includes a selection of confectionery, household items and all other items found in a recognised convenience store. There multiple large double fridges and freezers. There is also a lottery station at the front of the shop parallel to the large selection of Alcohol. There is also tobacco selection behind the counter with shutters to comply with government regulations of not having cigarettes on show. There are also 14 cctv cameras in operation to the front and rear of the shop which is viewed via a large screen on the shop floor, in the sitting room and on our clients’ mobile device.
• Storage – through a set of single doors from the shop, the storage space is accessed. The space is adequate for a convenience store of its size.
• w/c – there is also a w/c next to the storage rooms. Although small in size, the w/c also contains a shower and shower tray.
• Sitting room – a large open plan sitting room with French doors connecting to additional outdoor space.
• Kitchen – situated behind the sitting room, is a newly refurbished kitchen with a large breakfast bar.
• Utility Room – accessed through the kitchen is an outdoor utility area. Fully enclosed.
• Separate access to the House – to the side of the property the access to the residence can be found. The entrance leads into the storage area and into the living room. The re is also a rear entrance.
• Hallway – a small hallway leads to the staircase to access the upper levels.
• 4 Double Bedrooms – the bedrooms are all double in size. They are all equipped with the latest fitted wardrobes. They all come with large double glazed windows and are finished off with central heating radiators.
The master bedroom comes fully equipped with an en-suite.
• Family Bathroom – this spacious and modern bathroom comprises of a w/c, large sink, a bath tub and a separate shower. Finished off with excellent tiling and a modern standing radiator.
• A very well built loft conversion. Currently used for storage.
The entire property has double glazed windows. Fully working and efficient central heating system. The shop and the residence is protected by 16 cctv cameras. There is also shutters to the front for the shop and the entire property is protected with an alarm system.
The location of this property is superb.
The business currently operates rent free since our clients own the freehold.
Monday to Saturday 06:30 – 19:00
Sunday 07:00 – 19:00
The convenience store is currently owner managed, both husband and wife run the business on a daily basis. There is also a part time member of staff.
Turnover: £8000 pw
Gross Profit: Approx. £120,000 pa
Our clients also offer a wide range of other products, including; Alcohol, PayPoint, Lottery, Tobacco, Newssheets and Confectionery.
We strongly advise any interested party to focus on the potential of owning the freehold premise with the convenience store as an added bonus.