This 'loft apartment' is as the name suggests, situated on the top floor and is one of 6 flats located within a 3 storey building. It is ideally positioned for anyone wanting to live in a central, yet quiet location. The running costs for this property are extremely low, making it an ideal starter home or for anyone on a tight budget. The price includes the water charges and gas central heating (GCH). Another bonus is that Council Tax is not payable.
The property comprises:-
- Shared entrance with intercom - Kitchen with appliances ( cooker / fridge ) - bedroom - Shower room - Floor to ceiling built-in wardrobe - Free use of shared washer / dryer
Extra features: Free wifi. Gas central heating and water charges included. Parking permit available upon request. No council tax to pay.
Another major advantage with the location of this property, is the fact that all local amenities, including the bus station and train station are only a short walk away. An early viewing is highly recommended. Ideal accommodation for banking staff or hospital staff.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by LJF Property Management. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact LJF Property Management for full details and further information.
Relevant letting fees and tenant protection information
In addition to paying rent for the property, the following permitted payments / charges can be applied:
Before the tenancy starts:
Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent. This is paid to reserve the property and will be held by us for a period of 15 days unless we agree otherwise.
At the end of the 15-day period (or a longer period if agreed and not more than one calendar month) the deposit will be refunded to you or be offset against your rent or deposit as agreed unless any of the proposed tenants or guarantors:
1) withdraw from the tenancy 2) fail a Right-to-Rent check 3) provide significant false or misleading information 4) fail to sign any of the required documentation (including the tenancy agreement and guarantee)
Deposit: Up to 5 weeks rent (or in the case of rental income of more than £50,000 per annum up to 6 weeks rent).
During the tenancy:
- Payments to other third parties, such as Council Tax, utilities or payments for communications services.
- Default Charges - two types and both are subject to restrictions; i) replacement of lost keys / changing of locks - you will be liable for the actual cost of replacing any keys or other security devices or, if the locks need to be changed you will be responsible for the actual locksmith’s costs together with the cost of a new lock and replacement keys. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15.00 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s). Ii) unpaid / late rent – if rent is unpaid for more than 14 days, interest will be payable at 3% above the Bank of England base rate until the rent is paid.
- Breach of the tenancy agreement (damage); compensation to be claimed via deductions from the deposit or court action.
- Tenancy Variation; any variation to the terms of the tenancy agreement after it has been signed, we are entitled to make a charge not exceeding £50.00 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation
- Change of Tenant; if you make a request to change the named tenants in your tenancy agreement and providing we agree to the change, we shall be entitled to make a charge not exceeding £50.00 (inc. VAT) or our reasonable expenses incurred in doing this if these are higher than £50.00.
Reasonable expenses would include the cost of taking the landlord’s instructions, referencing the new tenant, carrying out a Right-to-Rent check, dealing with deposit registration, creating a new inventory and the preparation and signature of new legal documents.
Tenant Protection: Ljf Property Management is a member of Client Money Protect, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of prs which is a property redress scheme. You can find out more details on the agent’s website or by contacting the agent directly.