Retail premises for saleGreat Dockray, Penrith, Cumbria CA11
Local area information
- Brunswick School 0.2 miles
- Penrith (North Lakes) 0.2 miles
- Ullswater Community College 0.3 miles
- Langwathby 4.2 miles
These distances are calculated in a straight line. The actual route and distance may vary.
Features and description
The property is located on Great Dockray in the heart of Penrith town centre occupying a prominent town centre location and providing a good link between Angel Square and New Squares shopping districts. There are a number of national and local retailers, cafes, food shops and professional users all within the immediate vicinity. There are also a number of local pay and display car parks and disc zone areas.
Penrith is an attractive and affluent market town situated on the north east fringe of the Lake District National Park. It is well located being on Junction 40 of the M6 providing direct access north and south and to the A66 which leads west to the Lake District National Park and east to Scotch Corner and the A1(M).
Penrith has a resident population of approximately 15,000 (2011 Census) and is located within Eden District with a District population of over 51,000. Carlisle is approximately 20 miles to the north, Kendal 32 miles to the south and Keswick 18 miles to the west. Penrith has a train station on the main West Coast Line with direct services north to Carlisle and Glasgow and South to London Euston with a journey time of around 3 hours.
The property provides a mid terrace ground floor lock up shop providing an open plan sales area with ancillary staff, stock and WC facilities. The property could appeal to an owner occupier, local investor or potential developer to convert to residential use, subject to the relevant planning permissions.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate net internal areas:
Ground Floor Sales 59.40 sq m (639 sq ft)
Ground Floor Ancillary 7.65 sq m (82 sq ft)
Total Net Internal Floor Area 67.05 sq m (722 sq ft)
Offers are invited for the freehold interest at a guide price of £60,000 exclusive with vacant possession.
All enquiries to sole agents Edwin Thompson and it should be noted that our Client is not obliged to accept the highest or any offer.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood from the voa website that 6-7 Great Dockray has a Rateable Value of £6,700.
Prospective purchasers should check the exact rates payable with Eden District Council.
Energy performance certificate
The property has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of C74 and a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate is available upon request.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Windermere office of Edwin Thompson llp. Contact:
Joe Ellis at the Windermere Office
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in June 2021.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Edwin Thompson. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Edwin Thompson for full details and further information.