Retail premises for saleNorthampton, England, United Kingdom NN5
Local area information
- St James Church of England Primary School 0.1 miles
- Lyncrest Primary School 0.5 miles
- Northampton 0.5 miles
- Long Buckby 8.1 miles
These distances are calculated in a straight line. The actual route and distance may vary.
Features and description
Please quote reference B07381
Hilton Smythe are delighted to welcome to the market Parrs Motor Spares Limited, Northampton's oldest car parts and accessories supplier.
Parrs Motor Spares Limited was originally established back in 1957, with our clients taking over in 1985. The business has built up an excellent reputation and very loyal client base. As seen by the online ratings and reviews, the business is extremely popular within the region.
This business has now come to the open market due to our clients desire to retire.
Parrs Motor Spares Limited supplies high quality automotive parts and accessories with service and support exceeding our customers’ expectations. They stock a massive range of products and delivers to local garages and body shops and customers can also shop online for speedy delivery. The sale will include a number of lucrative contracts / accounts with blue chip companies on a 30 day credit arrangement as well as many customers that are delivered to on a cash on delivery basis.
The business enjoys great visibility online with impressive reviews such as;
- “Old school store, friendly staff and highly recommended“
- “Excellent place to buy parts with A1 service“
- “Extremely helpful, they go the extra mile also very good prices”
Key selling points -
- A well established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Current owner would be happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- Prime trading position on a main road with lots of passing trade
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Perfect bolt on to an existing business looking to expand into the area
Scope to improve -
- Advertising and Marketing campaign
- Maximise the use of social media
- Extend the opening hours, there is demand for weekend opening
- Upgrade the existing website and invest in seo and ppc to drive more customers to the business
- Consider opening an eBay shop
- Introduce a loyalty card/scheme
All the fixtures, fittings and equipment are included in the sale of the business. Our client has advised that 2 vehicles may be available for purchase, subject to separate negotiation.
Parrs Motor Spares Limited is located on Weedon Road, in Northampton.
The business is nicely presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive green and white livery
The business occupies premises ideally suited to the trade with free, shared customer parking immediately outside for up to 24 cars.
There is disabled access into the shop via a ramp and double opening doors. There is also a disabled staff toilet along with a small kitchen area with a fridge, microwave and tea and coffee making facilities.
Additionally there are 4 computer work stations and a server running mam Autopart software. The phone system is nec Digital with 4 lines and 4 telephones.
The premises are situated in a main road position and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade.
The premises are secured by an intruder alarm, smoke alarms and a CCTV system with internal and external cameras.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a leasehold basis, with the current lease due to expire in 2037. The rent for the new buyer wil be £14,000 per annum.
The current trading hours are -
Monday to Friday – 8:30am – 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday - Closed
We are advised that the business is run and managed by our client, with the help of 1 full-time and 1 part-time members of staff.
We are advised as per the 2022 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £292,000. Further financials can be made available upon request.
The business has seen impressive year on year growth over the last few years with turnover forecasted to be in excess of £325,000 in 2022/2023.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Hilton Smythe Business Sales. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Hilton Smythe Business Sales for full details and further information.