3 bed cottage for sale Steephill Cove, Ventnor PO38
- St Francis Catholic and Church of England Primary Academy0.8 miles
- The Island Free School0.8 miles
- Shanklin3.7 miles
- Lake4.7 miles
Features and description
- Former fisherman's cottage in steephill cove
- Extensively modernised in recent years
- Exposed stone work and stripped pine woodwork
- South facing picuresque cove
- Single garage
- Detached holiday chalet in the grounds
This period former fishermans cottage has undergone extensive modernisation in recent years, including the installation of oak framed double glazed windows throughout. The house retains a great degree of its original character with some exposed stonework and an old stripped pine staircase. All of the living rooms benefit from the unobstructed southerly sea views. From the end of Love Lane, the Cottage is approached via a sloping, tarmac path designated as a public footpath approximately 100 metres long.
Adjacent is Seagull Cottage, a timber building with holiday use for ancillary accommodation to Beachside Cottage. The cafe situated to the front and below Beachside Cottage can be available by separate negotiation, but would only be sold to teh buyer of Beachside Cottage and subject to a lease being granted to the existing tenants.
Partially glazed stable door to:
Coat hooks and tiled flooring.
Wash basin, WC and heated towel rail.
Period stripped pine staircase leading to first floor.
Unobstructed sea views and exposed stonework to one wall, Timber flooring and a log burning stove set in a stone surround. Painted tongue and groove panelled ceiling.
Southerly sea views, wooden flooring and under stairs cupboard.
Fitted with a range of base and wall cupboards and solid timber work surfaces with a butler sink inset with mixer tap. Space for a range cooker with extractor hood over. Integral dishwasher, washing machine, fridge and freezer. Tiled flooring and a pair of wide, French doors opening to the terrace and overlooking the sea. Valiant wall mounted gas fired boiler.
A characterful double bedroom, partially exposed stonework to one wall. Panoramic sea views. Built in cupboard.
A contemporary addition comprising a double ended bath set within a tiled surround with mixer taps, separate shower and shower screen. Wide wash basin set on a beech stand, WC and heated towel rail.
A double bedroom with sea views and exposed stonework to one wall. Steps leading to:
A dual aspect twin bedroom with sea views.
To the front of the property is a gated access leading to a largely decked terrace from which the exceptional views over the cove and English Channel beyond can be enjoyed. Steps lead up to a further raised decked seating area projecting out forming an exceptional south facing seating and dining area with storage beneath. Adjoining the western end of the Cottage is a later, single storey extension providing a store room, in need of some repair, providing further potential. Adjacent is a further paved terrace with a wooden store ideal for the storage of kayaks and dinghys.
Single Garage 16'2" x 9'8" with an electrically operated up and over door and served by power situated about 120M from the cottage at the end of the private land that leads to the cove.
(Note: It is proposed the Beachside Cafe situated below Beachside Cottage is to be retained by the vendors and will have existing windows and door to its rear elevation blocked off. There shall also be a covenant preventing any vertical extension of the cafe in order to safeguard the views from Beachside Cottage. This operates as a cafe with restricted opening hours during the summer).
A timber, single storey chalet situated to the west of Beachside Cottage comprising:
An open-plan space with wooden flooring, a series of kitchen units, sink unit, integral electric oven and hob with space for washing machine, a dual aspect living space with French doors and windows providing exceptional southerly views.
Wash basin, WC and shower.
Outside - Seagull Cottage
A decked terrace wraps round the southern and part of the western elevations with a paved area with brick built BBQ. Steps lead down to a concrete apron adjacent to the sea wall.
Beachside Cottage has full residential planning status. Seagull Cottage has consent for holiday use restricted to being ancillary to Beachside Cottage. No person or family should occupy Seagull Cottage for more than 6 weeks per year.
Beachside Cottage has a rateable Value of £2889 but small business relief currently applies.
Beachside Cottage - Mains water, electricity, drainage and gas. Gas fired central heating.
Seagull Cottage - Mains water, electricity and drainage.
All viewings will be strictly by prior arrangement with the selling agents, Spence Willard.
1. Particulars: These particulars are not an offer or contract, nor part of one. You should not rely on statements by Spence Willard in the particulars or by word of mouth or in writing ("information") as being factually accurate about the property, its condition or its value. Neither Spence Willard nor any joint agent has any authority to make any representations about the property, and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents, seller(s) or lessor(s). 2. Photos etc: The photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken. Areas, measurements and distances given are approximate only. 3. Regulations etc: Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property does not mean that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. A buyer or lessee must find out by inspection or in other ways that these matters have been properly dealt with and that all information is correct. 4. VAT: The VAT position relating to the property may change without notice.
2 floor plans available
View the floor plans to understand the space and layout of this property.
More informationReport this listing
Want an expert valuation of your home?Book an agent valuation
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Spence Willard. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Spence Willard for full details and further information.