1 bed flat for saleThe Square, Holsworthy EX22
Points of interest
- Holsworthy Community College0.2 miles
- Holsworthy Church of England Primary School0.3 miles
- Bideford Ferry Landing15.8 miles
- Instow Ferry Landing18.3 miles
These distances are calculated in a straight line. The actual route and distance may vary.
Features and description
- Opportunity for local first time buyers
- Well presented
- First floor flat
- 1 bedroom
The bustling market town of Holsworthy has a weekly Pannier Market, good range of national and local shops together with a Waitrose supermarket, bp filling station, Marks & Spencers Simply Food and Wild Bean café. There are a whole range of amenities within the town including a heated swimming pool, sports hall, bowling green, cricket club, 18 hole golf course etc. Bude on the North Cornish coast is some 9 miles. Okehampton, Dartmoor National Park and the market town of Bideford are some 20 miles distant, whilst Barnstaple, the Regional North Devon Centre is some 30 miles. Launceston, Cornwall's ancient capital, is some 14 miles distant. Holsworthy is in the heart of “Ruby Country”, named after the famous local Red Ruby cattle, and its excellent website is well worth a visit.<br/><br/><b>Directions</b><br/>The entrance gate leading to the flat can be found down the alleyway which leads to the old "Somerfield" car park. To the right of the "Bargain Buys" shop if you are looking at it, the gateway is to the left hand side with steps leading up to a shared courtyard and the flat number is clearly marked.
This Accommodation Comprises (All Measurements Are Approximate):-
Fitted carpet. Opaque window to side. Shelved airing cupboard with hot water cylinder. Fuse box. Immersion switch and timer. Telephone point.
Dimplex electric heater. Intercom phone. Smoke detector. Window to side. Wood effect vinyl flooring leading to:
Lounge/Kitchen (15' 6" x 14' 6")
Lounge: Wood effect flooring and wood effect double glazed windows overlooking the courtyard to the side. Dimplex electric heaters. TV point. Telephone point.
Kitchen: Grip covered floor. Matching white wall and base units. 1 1/2 bowl stainless steel sink. Tiled splashbacking. Plumbing for washing machine. Built-in illuminated extractor cooker hood. Opaque window to side. Space for tall fridge freezer. Smoke detector.
Bedroom (10' 6" x 9' 2")
2 Double glazed windows overlooking the courtyard. Fitted carpet. Dimplex electric heater.
Bathroom (8' 1" x 5' 8")
White marble effect laminate flooring. Heated electric towel rail. Low level WC and hand wash basin with splashbacking. Bath with mains fed shower over. PVCu double glazed opaque window. "Manrose" extractor fan.
Communal paved courtyard
Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Band 'A' (please note this council band may be subject to reassessment.
The asking price of this property represents a 70% share of the open market value! If prospective purchasers have any queries, Pam Johns of the Holsworthy Community Property Trust Ltd, will be more than happy to answer these and she can be contacted on or .
Agents Note 2
Prospective purchasers must fulfil the following:
1. "Housing Need" - where a person does not have available to him or her and cannot afford (personally or jointly with other members of his or her household) to acquire or rent a home suitable for his or her needs and the needs of their household at normal market values prevailing in the district.
2. "Local Requirement" - a) a minimum continuous residence by a prospective owner or occupier of 5 years in the Parish immediately prior to the offer date; or b) residence by a prospective owner or occupier in the Parish for 5 years within the 10 years preceding the offer date; or c) where one or both parents or guardians of a prospective owner or occupier have resided in the Parish for a minimum period of 10 years prior to the offer date; or d) where a prospective owner or occupier has had continuous employment in the Parish for the past 5 years prior to the offer date; or e) a key worker under a scheme approved by the (truncated)
A monthly payment of £82.50 or £990.00 per annum is paid to cover the £150.00 per annum ground rent for each flat & the remainder for the insurance premium contribution and electricity costs of communal areas and any balance going into a “reserve fund”.
Floor plans and tours
Floor plans (1)
1 virtual tour available
Step inside the property with a virtual tour or video walkthrough.
More informationReport this listing
Stamp duty calculatorStamp duty explained
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Bond Oxborough Phillips - Holsworthy. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Bond Oxborough Phillips - Holsworthy for full details and further information.