2 bed property for sale Milk Street, Frome BA11
- Vallis First School0 miles
- St Louis Catholic Primary School, Frome0.1 miles
- Frome0.8 miles
- Dilton Marsh5.2 miles
Features and description
- Freehold Ground Floor & Basement Maisonette Apartment
- Good-sized Private Garden & Parking
- Grade II Listed Positioned In The Conservation Area
- Full of Original Features Throughout
- Viewing Is Highly Recommended
*** refurbishment opportunity *** This freehold Maisonette retains character features throughout with surprising spacious & versatile accommodation set over the ground and lower floors of this character building, tucked away along this attractive conservation area road with garden and parking!
Originally built in the 17th century, this previous Wool House is now a Grade II listed property that was divided into two large apartments many years ago. This maisonette is arranged over the very spacious ground and basement floors offering hugely versatile accommodation that has retained many original period features throughout including the original Welsh slate flagstone flooring, exposed beams and is also being offered as a Freehold property with a good sized private garden plus parking.
The property currently consists of a private entrance leading into a large welcoming entrance hall with the original flagstones throughout, bedroom, a family living room with open fireplace with wood burning stove, kitchen and stairs ascending to the cellar rooms which provide a great opportunity to renovate into bedrooms, or home offices, studios or even an impressive kitchen family room that opens out into the rear garden. The parking is located conveniently to the side of the property.
The location is outstanding, tucked away in the centre of Frome and walking distance to an array of independent shops, boutiques, cafes and restaurants and with the town centre just beyond providing all sorts of amenities including the mainline train station. This property is just waiting to be modernised to achieve full potential and is positioned in a highly desirable location, so viewing comes highly recommended as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Wooden front door with glazed panel over into the entrance hall with original exposed brick and timber wall and original flagstones running throughout. Radiator. Part glazed door leading into Inner Hallway. Wooden door into Bathroom. Part glazed door leading into:
Bedroom / Reception Room 9' 4" x 10' 11" ( 2.84m x 3.33m )
Window to the front aspect with secondary glazing. Radiator. Exposed painted beam.
Window to the rear aspect with deep tiled sill. Radiator. Walk in shower with glass screens and tiled wall surrounds. Bowl wash hand basin with mixer tap over and wooden stand. Tiled splash back. WC. Built in airing cupboard. Slate tiled flooring.
Radiator. Curved flagstone staircase ascending to the lower floor. Part glazed doors leading to:
Living Family Room 11' 7" x 14' 7" ( 3.53m x 4.45m )
Large mullion window to the front aspect. Radiator. Open fireplace inset with wood burning stove and brick surround, wooden mantle and stone hearth. Open though into:
Kitchen 8' 2" x 9' 9" ( 2.49m x 2.97m )
Window to the rear aspect over-looking the garden. Radiator. Range of wall and base units with inset one and a half sink drainer and mixer tap over. Tile splashback surrounds. Fitted with electric oven and grill at eye level. Inset electric hob to exposed stone chimney breast. Space for fridge. Space for freezer. Further recess for fridge freezer. Plumbing for washing machine. Plumbing for dishwasher. Wall mounted boiler.
Flagstone stairs descending into the lower floor with wooden door part way down leading out to a small patio area and further down into the larger main patio and garden area. Further interior steps lead down into:
Cellar Room 10' 2" x 8' 2" ( 3.10m x 2.49m )
Small single glazed frosted window to the rear aspect. Window to the front aspect in the previously used coal chute. Exposed beams. Radiator. Power and light connected.
Cellar Room 9' 2" x 12' 8" ( 2.79m x 3.86m )
This is a great space with a characterful curved brick ceiling. With lighting, radiator and power points.
Cellar Room 11' 8" x 14' 4" ( 3.56m x 4.37m )
Large window to the rear aspect that opens out into the rear garden. Pipework installed to fit heating.
Steps leading into the garden which is fully fence enclosed with hardstanding seating area. The rear garden is a good size and enjoys a very high level of privacy with a lovely sunny aspect. There is excellent potential to lawn the garden and include lots of plants and shrubs with the existing larger patio seating area and mature trees.
Located to the side of the property, there is a private off-road parking space for one vehicle.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.
1 floor plan available
View the floor plan to understand the space and layout of this property.
1 virtual tour available
Step inside the property with a virtual tour or video walkthrough.
More informationReport this listing
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Allen & Harris - Frome. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Allen & Harris - Frome for full details and further information.