3 bed end terrace house for sale The Square, Middleton-By-Youlgrave, Bakewell DE45
- Youlgrave, All Saints' CofE Voluntary Aided Primary School1.4 miles
- Elton CofE Primary School2.2 miles
- Matlock6.5 miles
- Matlock Bath7 miles
Features and description
- Guide price ***£400,000 to £425,000***
- Three bedroom stone cottage
- Idyllic village location
- Two reception rooms
- Character features and charm
- Well presented gardens
- Lady Manners School catchment
- Offered for sale with no upward chain
Situated at the heart of the beautiful Peak District village of Middleton-by-Youlgrave is this charming three bedroomed Grade II stone cottage. Originally two cottages the property retains a wealth of original features with gritstone fireplaces, exposed beams and mullion windows.
Situated at the heart of the beautiful Peak District village of Middleton-by-Youlgrave is this charming three bedroomed grade 2 listed stone cottage. Originally two cottages dating from the 1820's, the property retains a wealth of original features with gritstone fireplaces, exposed beams, thumb-latch doors and mullion windows. Briefly, the property comprises a sitting room, snug, utility room and dining kitchen. Accessed by two separate staircases is the first floor accommodation made up of a family bathroom and three double bedrooms, one having ensuite and dressing room. Sitting in delightful cottage gardens with useful outbuildings and ideally positioned within the village. Middleton-by-Youlgrave is a picturesque unspoilt village situated amidst rolling hills and countryside. It has access to excellent walks, and cycle tracks, being just minutes from the idyllic setting of Bradford Dale and within easy reach of Bakewell, Buxton and the surrounding Peak National Park. The property benefits from a Worcester Bosch oil fired boiler powering the central heating system.
Sitting Room 12' 4" x 10' 10" ( 3.76m x 3.30m )
Entered through the original front door with original ironwork, the room features a large gritstone fireplace with a Stovax cast iron multi-fuel stove. There is a double window with stone mullions and wide stone sill, and the the floor has original Derbyshire flagstones. Thumb-latch doors lead to the cellar/utility room and to the hallway.
Snug 10' 11" x 8' 5" ( 3.33m x 2.57m )
The snug has a double window with stone mullions and stone sill, beamed ceiling and large open gritstone fireplace with feature copper canopy above.
Dining Kitchen 11' 9" x 8' 11" ( 3.58m x 2.72m )
Fitted kitchen comprising base units and attractive glazed wall units. There is an integrated larder fridge, an electric oven and induction hob with tiled surround and a built in extractor/light above. A double drainer ceramic sink is set into the solid hardwood worktops. Fitted shelving in the original gritstone fireplace serves as additional storage. There is a flagstone floor and a mullioned window to the rear and there are exposed beams to the ceiling. A wooden door gives access to the rear of the property.
The hallway runs the full width of the property connecting the staircases at each side. It has a flagstone floor and beamed ceiling. There are two hardwood framed windows with deep stone sills.
Steps give access to the utility room which has ample space for a range of white goods and generous food storage. There is lighting, plumbing, and several power sockets.
Master Bedroom 12' 2" x 12' 2" ( 3.71m x 3.71m )
The bedroom boasts an en-suite with heated towel rail and power shower and a stone step from the bedroom leads to a beamed dressing room with window to the rear. There is a mullioned window with deep sill to the front with views across the village to the hills beyond. A feature stained glass panel gives interest above the doorway. There is loft access via a hatch.
Bedroom Two 12' 3" x 10' 4" at max. ( 3.73m x 3.15m at max. )
A comfortable double bedroom, having a mullioned window with window seat from which to enjoy the wonderful views, original wide wooden floorboards, exposed beam, and spotlighting. There is an access hatch to the loft space.
Bedroom Three 8' 10" x 11' 10" ( 2.69m x 3.61m )
From the galleried landing with exposed beams is an additional double bedroom with exposed beam and wide wooden floorboards. A stone mullioned window with window seat.
This beautifully presented bathroom features a bath with shower, low flush WC and wash hand basin. There is a feature wall of exposed stone, original wooden flooring, travertine mosaic tiling and a plumbed chrome heated towel rail.
To the front is a beautiful south-facing cottage garden which is well-stocked and features many flowering shrubs and fruit bushes. There are two gravelled seating areas. To the immediate rear of the cottage is an area of stone paving which features a fully plumbed-in antique stone sink on stone pedestals which serves as a useful boot wash. There are three sheds with power and one has the addition of water. A dry stone wall encloses the rear garden which has a stone-built barbecue and fire-pit and is a sun trap throughout the day. There is a small vegetable patch and two mature fruit trees.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.
1 floor plan available
View the floor plan to understand the space and layout of this property.
More informationReport this listing
Want an expert valuation of your home?Book an agent valuation
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Bagshaws Residential - Bakewell. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Bagshaws Residential - Bakewell for full details and further information.