4 bed property for sale Leamington Terrace, Uppingham, Oakham LE15
- Uppingham School0.1 miles
- Uppingham Community College0.3 miles
- Oakham5.9 miles
- Corby7 miles
Features and description
- Beautiful Grade II Listed Property
- Original character features throughout
- Accommodation arranged over four storeys
- Open views across roof tops and open countryside
- Two reception rooms
- Open-plan Kitchen/diner - Utility room
- Four double bedrooms
- Enclosed mature gardens and patio/courtyard area
Leamington House is an elegant and stunning Grade II Listed period townhouse, positioned in the centre of Uppingham boasting far reaching views over rooftop, countryside and beyond. The property is known to date back to late 17th Century and retains a wealth of character features throughout.
Leamington House is an elegant and stunning Grade II Listed period townhouse, positioned in the centre of Uppingham boasting far reaching views over rooftop, countryside and beyond. The property is known to date back to late 17th Century and retains a wealth of character features throughout, including exposed beams, high ceilings, cast iron radiators, panelled walls, sash windows, window seats and oak flooring.
The property has accommodation arranged over four storeys and is entered from the upper ground level into a spacious hallway where you are immediately presented with the character and charm the property has to offer. There is a dining room, large sitting room and WC on the upper ground floor.
The dining room has two sash windows overlooking the south aspect, exposed wooden flooring and an open fire. The sitting room benefits from a wealth of light that floods the room via an east facing casement window and a stunning south facing feature window.
This room has high ceilings along with an open fire with bespoke stone mantle. An open spindle staircase leads down to the lower ground floor where the kitchen, utility room, shower room and fourth double bedroom/additional reception room.
The hallway gives access to a utility room and the kitchen/dining room. The kitchen has been re-fitted with a stunning country kitchen with granite work surfaces, integrated appliances including a dishwasher, bin storage and microwave. Original flagstone flooring adds to the character and overall country feel the kitchen has to offer. There is a wood burning stove and a range master gas hob and electric oven.
The fourth bedroom/reception room offers flexibility and could easily lend itself as an office, with doors leading out to the garden.
On the first floor there are two double bedrooms both benefiting from built-in wardrobes and a large family bathroom which is fitted with a four-piece suite. There is a further double bedroom on the second floor along with an attic room, ideal for storage.
All bedrooms on the first and second floors benefit from beautiful views to the south incorporating both countryside and rooftops.
The front entrance can be accessed via Leamington Terrace. To the rear is a generously proportioned south facing garden, enjoying attractive views and featuring an ancient well, a large flagstone sun terrace with adjoining gravel area, mature borders, plants and shrubs.
The grounds of Leamington House also benefit from a range of refurbished outbuildings which comprise a garden store, greenhouse and log store. Steps lead down to a gravel area which can be accessed via wooden gates off Spring Back Way and provide off road parking for at least three vehicles. Resident permit parking can also be purchased for parking on Spring Back Way.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sharman quinney nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.
1 floor plan available
View the floor plan to understand the space and layout of this property.
More informationReport this listing
Want an expert valuation of your home?Book an agent valuation
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Hurfords. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Hurfords for full details and further information.