1 bed property for sale Old Park Road, Hitchin SG5
Points of interest
- Samuel Lucas Junior Mixed and Infant School0.2 miles
- Hitchin Boys' School0.2 miles
- Hitchin0.9 miles
- Letchworth Garden City3.1 miles
These distances are calculated in a straight line. The actual route and distance may vary.
Features and description
- **one years service charge included in the sale**
- Well being suite providing hairdressing and chiropody
- Table service restaurant providing excellent value three course meals with varied weekly menu
- Secure entry phone, 24 hour on-site management team and personal care packages on-site
- Excellent communal lounge and conservatory
- Domestic assistance (one hour per week included in service charge)
- Function room which can be used for personal family gatherings
- Laundry room with several washing machines, tumble dryers, ironing boards and irons for homeowners to use
An attractive ground floor apartment with small patio area and a spacious double bedroom in the popular retirement living plus McCarthy & Stone development just a short walk from Hitchin town centre.
A beautifully presented one bedroom ground floor retirement apartment within the development constructed by McCarthy & Stone to a very high specification. This apartment was originally the show home so it is in immaculate condition.
The development is perfectly placed within a short distance to Waitrose and Hitchin town centre. The complex provides support and assistance when needed, making it a safe environment in which to live. It has 24-hour on-site staffing, secure camera entry systems and a 24-hour emergency call system provided by a personal pendant in addition to static call points in the entrance hall, bedroom and bathroom.
The development also offers both an excellent communal lounge and conservatory with an on-site restaurant for residents and guests as well as landscaped communal gardens. In addition to the daily lunches special meals are organised for particular events such as Christmas. The staff are also very helpful in organising any individual celebratory occasions. There is also a guest suite where guests can stay overnight for a small fee.
The development also has an active Residents Committee who organise various social events making living here a happy and friendly experience. Homeowners can participate in a large number of activities such as film evenings, music evenings, singing groups, games nights, bingo, knit & natter and happy hour. There are also a number of outings organised throughout the year.
Entrance Hall 5' 9" x 11' 4" ( 1.75m x 3.45m )
Door leading to entrance hall with secure entry phone, emergency pull cord and a large built-in storage cupboard housing consumer unit and electric meter, floorstanding hot water cylinder and shelves. Doors leading to shower room, bedroom and lounge.
Lounge 26' 4" x 10' 5" max ( 8.03m x 3.17m max )
Double glazed patio doors to rear aspect leading to a private courtyard area, telephone point, TV point with Sky+ connection, feature electric fireplace and surround, underfloor heating and double French doors leading to the kitchen.
Kitchen 7' 6" x 8' 7" max ( 2.29m x 2.62m max )
A fully fitted kitchen with double glazed electrically operated windows to rear aspect, a range of wall and base units with roll top work surfaces, stainless steel sink and drainer with mixer tap, integrated appliances including fridge freezer, Hotpoint halogen hob with cooker hood over, built-in Hotpoint electric oven, space for dishwasher, ceramic tiled floor and underfloor heating.
Bedroom One 10' 4" x 17' 3" ( 3.15m x 5.26m )
Double glazed window to rear aspect, TV and telephone points, large walk-in wardrobe, emergency pull cord and underfloor heating.
Fully tiled suite with wash hand basin and vanity unit, low level WC, shower with rails, shaver point, extractor fan, heated chrome towel rail, emergency pull cord and underfloor heating.
Small Patio Area
Small patio area directly outside the lounge area.
Communal gardens mostly laid to lawn with flower and shrub borders and patio areas with seating.
Car parking permit scheme with allocated space.
The Service Charge includes:
- One hour of domestic assistance per week
- Cleaning of communal windows
- Water rates for communal areas and apartments
- Electricity, heating, lighting and power to communal areas
- 24 hour emergency call system
- Upkeep of gardens and grounds
- Repairs and maintenance to the interior and exterior communal areas
- Contingency fund including internal and external redecoration of communal areas
- Buildings insurance
Homeowners can own a dog in this ground floor apartment which has easy access to a private courtyard garden and side entrance to the development for dog walks.
We currently hold lease details as displayed above, should you require further information please contact the branch. Please note additional fees could be incurred for items such as leasehold packs.
1. Money laundering regulations - Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2: These particulars do not constitute part or all of an offer or contract.
3: The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4: Potential buyers are advised to recheck the measurements before committing to any expense.
5: Connells has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and it is the buyers interests to check the working condition of any appliances.
6: Connells has not sought to verify the legal title of the property and the buyers must obtain verification from their solicitor.
Floor plans and tours
Floor plans (1)
1 virtual tour available
Step inside the property with a virtual tour or video walkthrough.
More informationReport this listing
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Connells - Hitchin. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Connells - Hitchin for full details and further information.