Land for saleOcean Views 3, Shapinsay, Orkney KW172Dz KW17
Local area information
- Shapinsay Community School 1.7 miles
- Shapinsay Orkney Ferry Terminal 2.1 miles
- Kirkwall Orkney Hatston Ferry Terminal 5.2 miles
- Papdale Primary School 5.6 miles
These distances are calculated in a straight line. The actual route and distance may vary.
Features and description
- Super investment opportunity. Super sized plot in stunning location; seconds from the Atlantic coast on the Isle of Shapinsay -only 25 minutes from Orkney's capital Kirkwall.
- Super sized area of land - approximately 200sqm offering potential for multiple uses in area famed for outdoor pursuits. Perfect for camping/ glamping/ camper van pitch. Potential development site.
- The plot is located in an area popular with tourists and home to a number of lodges, B&Bs and small hotels. The area enjoys a demand for short-term accommodation throughout the year.
- Super location on the edge of Lairo Water. Super access to major attractions on the island including Burroughston Broch, Castle Bloody, Helliar Holm Lighthouse and Balfour Castle.
- Shapinsay is a small, picturesque and historic oasis located a short ferry ride from Kirkwall. The island measures approximately 30 square miles and has a resident population of just over 300 people.
**stunning location**Orkney has been voted many times the best UK place to live, healthy fresh air, no crime, perfect getaway holiday home destination, glamping, camping, retirement/investment. **incredible opportunity to purchase land in stunning orkney surroundings** Roughly rectangular shape, views across the famous Lairo water & Veantro Bay. Location not part of green belt protected area. With the correct planning permissions, it could be an ideal building plot offering peace and tranquillity (Subject to investigating and gaining necessary consents). Standing stones provide evidence of the island's human occupation since Neolithic times. Super location on the edge of Lairo Water. Super access to major attractions on the island including Burroughston Broch, Castle Bloody, Helliar Holm Lighthouse and Balfour Castle.
Shapinsay is one of the Orkney Islands off the north coast of mainland Scotland. There is one village on the island, Balfour, ferries sail to Kirkwall regularly from here. With an area of 2,948 hectares (11 sq mi), Shapinsay is the 8th largest Orkney island and the 29th largest Scottish island. The highest point of Ward Hill is 64 metres (210 ft) above sea level. The east coast is composed of low cliffs and has several sea caves, including the picturesque geo at the extreme northern tip known as Geo of Ork. Elwick Bay is a sheltered anchorage on the south coast, facing the Orkney mainland; the island's largest settlement, Balfour, is at the western end of the bay. The island has several ayres, or storm beaches, which form narrow spits of shingle or sand cutting across the landward and seaward ends of shallow bays. They can sometimes cut off a body of water from the sea, forming shallow freshwater lochs known as oyces. Examples include Vasa Loch and Lairo Water. Orkney has been named Scotland's best place to live for the eighth year in a row by the Bank of Scotland Quality of Life survey 2020. High employment levels, a low crime rate, strong exam results, smaller primary class sizes and good health and happiness scores put the islands top. Low to zero crime rates Small class sizes Great education from nurseries to college.
14 December 2023,10am-3pm
Timed Online Auction
How to Bid Now
Submit an enquiry now or visit our website for full details on how to bid on this property.
Future Property Auctions - Scotland's Largest Land and Property Auction House. Over 400 lots auctioned every 2 weeks including flats, houses, land & commercial.
Get a Fast Sale and a Fair Price with Future Property Auctions. Contact Us now for a free Auction Valuation.
Floor plans and tours
No floor plan available
No virtual tour available
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Future Property Auctions. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Future Property Auctions for full details and further information.