Land for saleBurn Of Laxdale, Cunningsburgh, Shetland ZE29HQ ZE2
Local area information
- Cunningsburgh Primary School 0.4 miles
- Sandwick Junior High School 3.8 miles
- Scalloway Shetland Ferry Terminal 5.8 miles
- Lerwick Shetland Esplanade Ferry Terminal 7.5 miles
These distances are calculated in a straight line. The actual route and distance may vary.
Features and description
- 1.19 acre site comprises a small concrete weir with a spillway, straddling a burn located in a remote area of open moorland. Tenure: Owner Vacant Possession.
- Originally the site of the head works of the Cunningsburgh Water Scheme, the title area is rectangular in shape and extends to 1.19 acres.
- There are no defining boundaries on site. Prospective purchasers are advised to check access provision, site plans and boundaries, the details of which are included within the title pack
- Site area: 0.48 Ha. (1.19 Acres) approx
- Alternative uses may be possible and interested parties should make enquiries to Development Management, Shetland Islands Council
enhanced terms offered on this lot...
Reduced Buyers Fee: 2% of Sale Price (Min £3250 +vat)
Alternative uses may be possible and interested parties should make enquiries to Development Management, Shetland Islands Council, Planning Service, 8 North Ness Business Park, Lerwick, Shetland ZE1 0LZ Tel: Email: Development.
The asset is located near Cunningsburgh, a small village in the south of Mainland Shetland some 9 miles south west from Lerwick. Cunningsburgh has a thriving community and has a public hall, primary school, farm shop and café, and a marina at Aithsvoe. The village hosts one of Shetland’s biggest agricultural shows in August. Lerwick provides for further amenities and facilities and is the commercial and industrial centre of the islands. There are a number of places of historical interest in the south mainland area, the surrounding countryside and beautiful beaches provide a great base for walking, cycling, fishing, sailing and wildlife watching. Directions: Heading south on the A970 from Lerwick, on reaching Cunningsburgh, turn right approx. 50m south of Cunningsburgh Hall onto a gravel track and head west. Park after approx. 1km upon reaching a ford and walk across rough moorland following the Burn of Laxdale for approx. 900m to reach the site. Grid Ref: Hu Auction Details
07 December 2023,3pm
Deadline for Offers
How to Bid Now
Submit an enquiry now or visit our website for full details on how to bid on this property.
Future Property Auctions - Scotland's Largest Land and Property Auction House. Over 400 lots auctioned every 2 weeks including flats, houses, land & commercial.
Get a Fast Sale and a Fair Price with Future Property Auctions. Contact Us now for a free Auction Valuation.
Floor plans and tours
No floor plan available
No virtual tour available
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Future Property Auctions. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Future Property Auctions for full details and further information.