Property to letCarlaw Road, Pinnaclehill Industrial Estate, Kelso TD5
Local area information
- Edenside Primary School 1.1 miles
- Broomlands Primary School 1.3 miles
These distances are calculated in a straight line. The actual route and distance may vary.
Features and description
New Build Units
Ideally Suited to Trade Counter, Storage, Distribution, Workshop or General Industrial
gia 98sq m (1,055sq ft) or multiples thereof
Ridge Height c. 7.60m
Eaves Height front c. 5.70m. And rear c. 4.75m
Vehicular access doors c. 4 m high x 3m wide
A new-build Trade Park situated on Carlaw Road within Pinnaclehill Industrial Estate to the South of Kelso. Kelso is conveniently located within the Central Borders approximately eighteen miles east of Galashiels, forty-four miles south of Edinburgh. It is a traditional Market Town with a relatively affluent catchment area and a strong business sector.
The Town has a population of approximately 6,870 according to the 2020 Mid-Year Population Estimate compiled by General Records of Scotland, broadly the same as the population recorded at the 2011 Census (6,860). The town acts as regional centre for a wide rural hinterland.
Pinnaclehill is the principal Industrial Estate serving Kelso. It has benefited from significant investment over recent years. Just some of the existing occupiers on the estate include Sainsburys Supermarket, Lloyds Landrover, Plexus, Forbes Plastics, Howdens, boc, Abbey Tool and Gauge, Signmaster, dmi Mechanical Engineers, Border Aggregates, and Cheviot Vets.
Clear Span Steel Portal frame Construction
Plastisol Coated insulated composite cladding to the roofs and external elevations
Galvanised purlins supporting cladding
Verge and eaves flashing to match
Roof incorporating translucent polycarbonate roof lights
Double glazed windows
Vehicular access roller shutter doors (4m high x 3 m wide)
Galvanised steel box gutters with pvc downpipes c/w metal box guards
Parking along the southern boundary of the site.
This Trade Park is within an area zoned for Business and Industrial use. This designation supports a range of uses defined within the Town and Country (Used Classes) (Scotland) Order 1997 (as amended) including:
Class 4 (Business / Light Industrial Use)
Class 5 (General Industrial)
Class 6 (Storage / Distribution)
There may also be potential for a range Sui Generis (site specific) uses in keeping with existing uses on the estate. This category includes uses such veterinary surgery, vehicle sales, vehicle repairs, taxi or vehicle hire depot, or similar subject to Planning.
Multiples of 98 sq m (1,055 sq ft)
Mains electricity water and drainage.
To be assessed on completion. Rates Poundage 2021/22: £0.498
The Small Business Bonus Rates Relief Scheme (sbrr) provides up to 100% rates relief to businesses with a combined rateable value of up to £15,000 across all their business premises within Scotland, subject to application and eligibility.
It is anticipated that each of the individual units as currently proposed would each fall below this threshold.
Energy performance certificate
Available by way of a new Full Repairing and Insuring lease.
Please contact the agent to discuss other lease terms.
Value added tax
Any prices are exclusive of VAT. This unit is elected to Tax, Value Added Tax will be payable on the Rent at the prevailing rate.
On conclusion of legal missives.
Each party will be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in connection with this transaction.
In the normal manner, the in-going tenant will be liable for any Land and Buildings ransaction Tax, Registration Dues and VAT thereon., where applicable.
A service charge will be payable in relation to the maintenance and upkeep of the common parts of the building and estate. Further information is available from the letting agents on application.
By appointment with the sole agents.
Edwin Thompson, Chartered Surveyors
76 Overhaugh Street
Tel. Fax. E-mail:
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. Edwin Thompson is the generic trading name for Edwin Thompson Property Services Limited, a Limited Company registered in England and Wales (no.07428207). Registered office:28 St John’s Street, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 5AF
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Edwin Thompson. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Edwin Thompson for full details and further information.