(£5.33/sq. ft. pa)
Retail premises to letGuildhall Street, Folkestone CT20
Local area information
- St Eanswythe's Church of England Primary School 0.1 miles
- Christ Church Cep Academy, Folkestone 0.3 miles
- Folkestone Central 0.5 miles
- Folkestone West 1.1 miles
These distances are calculated in a straight line. The actual route and distance may vary.
Features and description
- Prime Location
- Town Centre
- Good Footfall
- Short Term Considered
56 Guildhall Street is located within the prime area of Folkestone's main pedestrian shopping parade.
Folkestone's shopping centre, Bouverie Place is within 200m with occupiers such as Primark, Asda, New Look, jd Sports and Sports Direct. There are other national stores in the vicinity such as the Waterstones, Wilko's and Bon Marche as well as a number of restaurants and cafes. Folkestone is a conveniently located coastal Town that has train links via HS1 in under 1 hour to London St Pancras, the Channel Tunnel service to France and the port of Dover within 10 miles to the East.
Folkestone has a number of regeneration projects with the development of Folkestone Seafront with over 700 apartments and the town of Otterpool as a new Garden Town in the next 25 years. And . The property is also 50 yards from the former Debenhams site which has been acquired by Folkestone & Hythe District Council for redevelopment. It was announced on 18/01/2023, that Folkestone and Hythe District Council have been awarded £19.7 million for a major overhaul of Folkestone's town centre to improve shopping areas, an upgraded bus station and a new public green space to encourage businesses and visitors into the area.
The funding is for the three following projects:
1. Station Arrival and Town Centre Connections: This element of the project aims to improve the links from the railway station for pedestrians and cyclists to encourage use of active travel and public transport and to improve connections for visitors and residents alike.
2. Improved Gateway to the Town Centre and Bouverie Square: This component of the project will unlock transformational change around the town centre. The focus will be to reconfigure the main bus station in the town centre and implement changes to the legacy gyratory road system to the north. The money will enable a sustainable, attractive and welcoming gateway to be created for Folkestone town centre with a green park replacing the bus station in Bouverie Square. The exciting and ambitious project will see Shellons Street become two-way with bus stops and bays replacing the bus station. Better signage and obvious walking links will connect visitors to a greener, more vibrant Sandgate Road and Guildhall Street shopping area.
3. Folca, Sandgate Road and Town Centre Public Realm: This element of the project will refurbish the Folca building (the former Debenhams building) into a 'town lab' which will encourage and bring new and experimental uses into the town centre. The phased refurbishment of this building will bring a currently redundant building back into use in the town centre and reactivate this part of the high street. It will also improve the public realm on Sandgate Road to encourage footfall in this area of the town centre. The funding will also enable the second phase of Folca to be progressed by establishing new uses for the site, with an intended focus on public services, retail, leisure and business uses for the rejuvenated building.
The subject property is a commercial building totalling 820 sq ft on the ground floor n the heart of Folkestone town centre with a basement of 646 sq ft. The unit provides open plan ground floor sales accommodation with an office and storage to the rear. There is a stairwell access to the basement which is currently used for further storage, this is accessed via the storage area to the rear.
The premises has a suspended ceiling with LED lighting and laminate flooring in the retail area, the rear of the property benefits from storage space and an office, the basements consists of ancillary storage.
Accommodation Approx. Net Internal Area from the voa:
Ground floor retail zone a 33.3 sq m
Ground floor retail zone b 11 sq m
Ground floor retail zone c 17.5 sq m
Ground floor kitchen 4.3 sq m
Ground floor storage 5.4 sq m
Basement floor storage 60.17 sq m
Total: 136.47 sq m (1463 sq ft)
Business Rates: We understand from the Valuation Office Agency that the property has a current Rateable Value of £6,100 effective from 1st April 2023.
Services: We understand mains drainage, water and electricity are connected to the premises.
Energy Performance Certificate: We note from the Non Domestic EPC Register, that the property has a rating of (94 - D) valid until April 2025. For the full recommendation report, please enquire.
The premises are available on a new agreement at £650pcm (no VAT)
The length of lease is negotiable with short term lettings considered.
Building's Insurance to be payable by the tenant.
Deposit payable, the amount is to be confirmed dependent on tenant circumstance.
Legal Costs: Each party to pay their own legal costs.
Viewings Strictly by appointment through Motis Estates Commercial Agents in Folkestone or .
Vacant possession upon completion subject to contract (This firm operates a Complaints Handling Procedure, details of which are available upon request).
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Motis Estates. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Motis Estates for full details and further information.